• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Still disrespected...

TruCatzFan

Not surprising, and I'm not crying about it...

I'm watching the Steelers and Eagles game. The announcers are Troy Aikman, Joe Buck, and Terry Bradshaw... The game is in garbage time in the 4th qtr. The question was asked about which teams would surprise some people this year. Troy Aikman picked St Louis, Terry picked the Lions, and Jow Buck picked the Bucs....

Then the conversation shifted to what a competitive division the NFC South is... They all mentioned The Saints, Falcons, and Bucs... NO FUGGIN mention of the Panthers whatsoever. Not even a respectable (the Panthers are re-building) type mention. Just as if we are not a part of the division whatsoever.

I get it... We were 2-14 last year. We have not one, not two, but three unproven/unreliable QB's... We re signed our own players...

But DAMN... They act like we aren't even in the Division. We as fans are NOT used to be treated like this. (maybe earlier, but not now, and certainly never this disrespected)

I hope that our players are taking notes. I know that Rivera will have our boys ready every week. I know that we will be a competitive football team. I know we do better flying under the radar. All of those commentators I love listening to. I was more than pissed off that we didn't even get mentioned.

To any players that may be lurking. Tell your boys that a little punch in the division foes' mouths is in order. The disrespect is getting out of hand. I mean we're getting treated worse than the Lions got treated when they barely won 2 games for like a decade...

It's time to get our swag back... That's the bottom line.

Why would they. It's not like bad teams rebound after a bad year. They aren't being disrespectful.

Show me a team in recent history who had good season with first year head coaches? Wait, what? Atlanta in 2008, fins in 2008, Ravens since 08, Jets since 09. Umm ok.

Well show me a team that had success with a rookie Qb? Oh Atlanta again, the Jets again, Baltimore, Saint Louis?

Seriously though analyst thinking we will have a bad season isn't a problem. When you're 2-14 that happens. But when people do segments about your division and never mention you, i think that is disrespectful.

Archived