• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has anybody bought PSLs with the Panthers financing plan?

Cyclonus

I was going to post this in the PSL exchange section but I didn't think it belonged there.

I saw on the Panthers site that they offer a 48 month financing plan. This plan finally gives me a realistic chance at buying PSLs. Has anyone else done this? I'm wondering how easy it is to get done (credit checks, etc.).

haven't done this but why not look into buying from someone already selling psls for much cheaper. I think the cheapest the Panthers offer are 3k each, I just bought two over the summer for $750 each. Even if they let you spread the payments over 4 yrs you would be paying alot more over the long term.

How easy depends on how much you want to spend compared to your credit. $1000 and $10,000 huge difference. I looked into PSLs and decided against them, but why would you get them from the stadium? Save your money and pay another PSL owner for their, the seats will probably be much better and the value/cost will be much much better, you will be happier in the long run. PSL tickets are some serious buisness and you'll always need that cash or you lose them.

Just get season ticket sand don't be strapped down to a commitment.

I buy my tickets on craigslist one hour before the game. I get all kinds of choices for half price. Choices are great because some days you'll want shade, other days or days shade won't matter, some days it'll be raining you'll want covered seats etc.

If you're really cheap wait until the first quarter is half over and walk around the stadium. Club seats on the 50 yard line, 40 bucks.

PSLs to me are a luxury for poeple who have cash to spend on luxuries. I know the stadium offers financing on PSLs but if you need that how the hell are you going to pay for the tickets every single year. I dunno.

Just some food for thought, just sounded to me like you can't really afford them.

Right now it's much cheaper to buy from an individual. If I were selling mine I would definitely finance someone in a heartbeat. Draw up a contract and keep them in my name until paid in full. Let the buyer purchase the tix. Then if they default I get to keep everything they paid me.

Right now it's much cheaper to buy from an individual. If I were selling mine I would definitely finance someone in a heartbeat. Draw up a contract and keep them in my name until paid in full. Let the buyer purchase the tix. Then if they default I get to keep everything they paid me.

Much better idea then financing through Panthers. I know there are plenty for sale and I would imagine most would gladly finance and probably for 0% interest.

There's no interest. You make equal monthely payment over 48 months. I can afford that. I'll never have $6,000 at one time to pay for PSLs (plus ticket cost). That's the problem.

I would be willing to buy them from someone privately. But again, we're talking about a large lump sum at one time. The tickets themselves are a big lump (again, I can afford that).

I'm considering the Panthers because of the convenience and security of not running into a scammer!

Financing

By offering a convenient zero (0) percent interest-financing plan, the Carolina Panthers make owning a PSL affordable for every fan and a lifetime of NFL football possible. With several payment options to choose from, select the financing plan that is most confenient for you.

18-Month Plan: Pay 25 percent at the time of purchase and the balance in three equal installments over an 18-month period.

48-Month Plan: Sign up with your credit card or checking account for a monthly draft of equal installments over a 48-month period.

ok so 6k over 48 months would be 125 a month, or you could just save the 125 a month for a yr and unless we have a great season and the economy turns arnd I bet you would still be able to get PSLs for about 1500 next yr.

I wouldn't worry much about being scammed just be smart about it. I found a seller on craigslist and set up a time to actually meet them at the stadium to do the transfer right there.

For $6,000 you could have season tickets in section 132 right behind panthers bench on the 50 for three straight seasons, maybe four. You'd be set for four years with nice seats, having the option to buy them every year or not, without losing money. You only need 1800ish, maybe less for this year. Sell the Packers game for twice the price and you made $200 off that.

But why you want PSLs that are crappier seats, $6,000 will do nothing but get you a bill for the tickets every year, just for convenience? People buy PSLs thinking they are an investment and they are NOT. They are a reservation to be able to buy tickets to a game. Not saying you believe this or anything, but get stuck the wrong deal and you just lose so much money.

Please save and buy from someone if you decide you really need those reservations to be able to buy your tickets. I say you buy season tickets this year, save money and pay someone up front next year for PSLs, if the season tickets don't satisfy you. You will have PSLs actually worth something if you ever need to resell them.

If you plan on selling tickets to help sweeten the deal, DON'T, except the home opener. Like I said PSLs are NOT an investment, there is no return and many times it is very very hard to sell your tickets even for face value unless we have a playoff bound team.

The stadium will screw you hard man, you will lose thousands as soon as you sign, if you want to consider what they are worth (what someone will pay).

I am an with an ex=five year PSL holder, while sometimes I find the urge to buy them myself, I know I shouldn't, just some advice. I switched to buying season tickets and know a lot of other PSL owners. They have lost a lot more money, for crap seating, where as I have paid much less for fantastic seating.

I was going to post this in the PSL exchange section but I didn't think it belonged there.

I saw on the Panthers site that they offer a 48 month financing plan. This plan finally gives me a realistic chance at buying PSLs. Has anyone else done this? I'm wondering how easy it is to get done (credit checks, etc.).

How many are you looking for?

I did and it's intrest free from what I remember. I paid $1k each for mine. I think the cheapest is 2k now, though. Since I've sat everywhere in the stadium I can tell you that the "cheap" seats are not a bad deal. The only bad thing is you are obligated to buy the tickets. Not usually a problem to offload them if you can't make games. Paying for them every year in one lump sum hurts a bit. I usually charge it and take a couple of months to pay it off.

For $6,000 you could have season tickets in section 132 right behind panthers bench on the 50 for three straight seasons, maybe four. You'd be set for four years with nice seats, having the option to buy them every year or not, without losing money. You only need 1800ish, maybe less for this year. Sell the Packers game for twice the price and you made $200 off that.

But why you want PSLs that are crappier seats, $6,000 will do nothing but get you a bill for the tickets every year, just for convenience? People buy PSLs thinking they are an investment and they are NOT. They are a reservation to be able to buy tickets to a game. Not saying you believe this or anything, but get stuck the wrong deal and you just lose so much money.

Please save and buy from someone if you decide you really need those reservations to be able to buy your tickets. I say you buy season tickets this year, save money and pay someone up front next year for PSLs, if the season tickets don't satisfy you. You will have PSLs actually worth something if you ever need to resell them.

If you plan on selling tickets to help sweeten the deal, DON'T, except the home opener. Like I said PSLs are NOT an investment, there is no return and many times it is very very hard to sell your tickets even for face value unless we have a playoff bound team.

The stadium will screw you hard man, you will lose thousands as soon as you sign, if you want to consider what they are worth (what someone will pay).

I am an with an ex=five year PSL holder, while sometimes I find the urge to buy them myself, I know I shouldn't, just some advice. I switched to buying season tickets and know a lot of other PSL owners. They have lost a lot more money, for crap seating, where as I have paid much less for fantastic seating.

I hear what you're saying. I'm not buying them as an investment. I want to go to every game, every year. I bought someones season tickets on eBay in 2008 (good year) and I had a blast! But I would like to have the same seats every year and be guaranteed playoff tickets in those same seats.

I'm just exploring my options now. I don't have an appointment to go to the stadium or anything. There are some good deals on Craigslist. But it's my nature to not trust people so I am very afraid of craigslist....lol.

Archived