• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who should start on the road this week?

TheRealDeal

He actually acts like just because they had the 6th ranked defense, we're supposed to be scared.

You don't think that's tough for a rookie making his first start? Cameron Wake coming hard?

I can already here the comments now, ".... played well considering it was against a good defense and it was his first start and he was on the road"

The objective for Rivera is to give Newton the most reps in Preseason. Game 2 usually only has a couple series for the 1s.

So... Jimmy will start. Cam will get more reps with the 2's.

Game 3, Cam will start with the 1's.

Then I wouldn't be surprised if Clausen or Anderson starts game 4.

The objective for Rivera is to give Newton the most reps in Preseason. Game 2 usually only has a couple series for the 1s.

So... Jimmy will start. Cam will get more reps with the 2's.

Game 3, Cam will start with the 1's.

Then I wouldn't be surprised if Clausen or Anderson starts game 4.

Actually Game 2 has more playing time for the 1's. They usually play well into the 2nd quarter, pushing to halftime.

Cam will start, I think that's pretty obvious. I expect more of the same from him, lots of throws downfield, some big plays, some misses. I expect he'll probably get outside of the pocket and run a time or two as well. I think we all expect that the organization wants to start Newton, so as long as he plays on or above Jimmy's level, I think he'll be the guy opening day.

Jimmy should start because he played decently in the last game. Cam also played decently but once again, no need to "throw him to the dogs" yet.

Jimmy has already felt the wrath of being "thrown to the dogs," so he should be able to handle himself (handle himself and play well are two different things).

However, Cam should at least get one drive against the Dolphins first team defense.

Side Note: Cam should start games three and four.

Archived