• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My observations of Cam Newton's game

TheRealDeal

You will discuss what I want you to discuss and how I want you to discuss it when I want you to discuss it.

Don't act like you have any thoughts of your own people want to read. You're only hope of being known is coming up with a witty joke in response to one of my posts.

Get crackin

Stick to what you know. Which is being a marginally knowledgeable football fan/poster on the huddle. Aside from trolling that is.

I'll stick to talking about topics of substance, which overanalyzing the first preseason game of the year simply doesn't qualify as.

Are you still saying Donkey as Dunkey? That's what I really want to know...

Stick to what you know. Which is being a marginally knowledgeable football fan/poster on the huddle. Aside from trolling that is.

I'll stick to talking about topics of substance, which overanalyzing the first preseason game of the year simply doesn't qualify as.

Are you still saying Donkey as Dunkey? That's what I really want to know...

You have 79 posts, you're not talking about anything.

Actually my post count reinforces my point, rather than detract from it.

Low number of threads worth posting in= Low post count

I just don't see how my opinion on whether or not we should pick up "X" player is relevant, just like anyones "analysis" of anything has any weight in the real world. If TRD wants to spend every waking hour of his life becoming the champion of INTERNET that's his business and more power to him.

Meanwhile I'll be living my awesome life in the real world and looking forward to the next Panther game.

edromeo may be the 1st to attempt a real discussion.. if each of you take it for what it's worth without reading too far into each others points, this may be a good example for the future..

Bleys...

Several of us have made several attempts at real discussion with TuRD.

Example: Back in February I suggested we should look at taking Newton #1 overall. He then came back at me with doubletalk, hyperbole, and regurgitation of rumor and slander by the media from Alabama against Cam.

When I called him on it, he turned to insults, outright lies, ridiculous claims, completely subjective and invalid "analysis", and troll posting in response.

He's not here for legit football discussion, because there is no discussion with him. You either see things with his cross-eyed point of view, or you get trolled, like he's been doing since Luck announced he was staying in school and Cam became our best option for the draft.

Meh, I attempted a "real" discussion with TRD recently and it ended with him making lame comments about how terrible Cam's NFL game tape is going to look.

Might try again in the future, we'll see. Just because he decided today was a good day to act like he's serious doesn't mean everyone has to jump in and play nice.

you really bring your A game every second of the day despite knowing people will dispute it regardless?

Good lord... you know as well as I do that there is no freaking chance in HELL that Cam Newton would have fallen to the 2nd round. That is a tired line, TRD... it's only making you look uninformed to keep repeating it... I call it selective hearing, because yes you heard some ESPN analysts come out and say they didn't like Cam as an NFL QB... but the thing about that is, the analysts aren't the coaches, GM's, front-office staff, etc. You just have such contempt for Cam Newton that you're willing to bring up the he said, she said from ESPN all you want... but what those same folks are saying now are POSITIVE things. You are one of very few who are knocking him...and I can't decide whether you just hate Cam Newton, or if you really don't know much about NFL football.

:thumbsup:

I have a lot of posts. That really doesn't mean jack.

good point. you have too many. too many or too few basically doesn't really mean anything.

I on the other hand have just the right amount to support the fact that posts I make will be 100% correct.

Your penchant for hyperbole aside your assessment was pretty close to what I saw, except I came away with a different feeling.

I took game notes maybe I'll do a breakdown later....

But, in general he missed some low percentage downfield throws x2 Olsen right sideline, Martin right sideline.

He hit Olsen on a seam for a big gain, imo played it too safe/cautious w/ that throw and I'm speculating here but I think Cam knows he missed a potential TD by the way he clapped his hands afterwards as if to say damn missed a big one.

Goalline good throw to LaFell but the DB made better effort for the ball then LaFell drop/broken up.(1)

Made some unwise decisions that forced him to attempt more difficult throws then neccesary and he missed the throws Nannee? Edwards,

Missed some hots that forced him to throw w/ pressure in the face causing poor throw to Bainbridge left (corner route), Bainbridge left flat

Missed Edwards on seam post (overthrown) under pressure had a hot open

On target 3 step slant rightside to Clowney drop/broken up (2)

Perfect Skinny post to Edwards dropped/broken up (3)

Nice seam route to Edwards

Miscommunication w/ Clowney on the comeback

On the whole I like what I saw.

He played like a rookie but his mistakes and his throwing mistakes were aggressive downfield throws; he wasn't the missing gimme plays.

His other mistakes liked missed hots and some unsound decision making can be coached.

But, Cam's ability to throw the ball downfield w/ velocity is evident.

Cam threw that bang 8(by all accounts a difficult throw) that Edwards dropped/was broken up about as well as any QB in the league and he made it look easy.

:driving: Nice

Archived