• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My observations of Cam Newton's game

TheRealDeal

Can everybody please just agree with this and let it play out? We should have relatively low expectations with shortened preseason. Nobody's predictions are withapoo.

Preseason isn't shortened, it's still 4 games and no days of camp were missed.

Cam got better work in Florida working 12 hours a day on the field with experts in the Chud playbook in Weinke and Dorsey.

He even played against live defenses and had 90% of the playbook memorized before he got to camp.

No excuses. Unless of course the Cam Huggers have been spouting BS before the draft and he's really just a project QB who should have been a 2nd rounder.

Cam got better work in Florida working 12 hours a day on the field with experts in the Chud playbook in Weinke and Dorsey.

He even played against live defenses and had 90% of the playbook memorized before he got to camp.

No excuses. Unless of course the Cam Huggers have been spouting BS before the draft and he's really just a project QB who should have been a 2nd rounder.

Good lord... you know as well as I do that there is no freaking chance in HELL that Cam Newton would have fallen to the 2nd round. That is a tired line, TRD... it's only making you look uninformed to keep repeating it... I call it selective hearing, because yes you heard some ESPN analysts come out and say they didn't like Cam as an NFL QB... but the thing about that is, the analysts aren't the coaches, GM's, front-office staff, etc. You just have such contempt for Cam Newton that you're willing to bring up the he said, she said from ESPN all you want... but what those same folks are saying now are POSITIVE things. You are one of very few who are knocking him...and I can't decide whether you just hate Cam Newton, or if you really don't know much about NFL football.

really? 11 practices before the first preseason game isnt a shortened preseason? Sorry I wasn't literal enough. I just dont get what you are trying to prove that you have this much time and energy to invest in.

I pity you.

You think his ceiling is a combo of Flacco and Freeman? Mediocrity here we come.
I think I made it pretty clear that I was refering to potential from a skillset comparison hence the specific comparison to Flacco's arm and Freeman's playmaking.

And I said potential not ceiling; ceiling implies limits.

And if you think Joe Flacco and Freeman are mediocre well that's just another thing we disagree about.

Dude was a #1 pick. He shouldn't be the same as other raw rookie QB prospects. Colin K was a project. Pat Devlin is a project. Dennis Dixon.
Cam was drafted on potential his arm and his legs.

He doesn't have the polish or finish that other QB prospects but he has greater potential because everything he lacks is coachable.

Size, elite arm strength and playmaking aren't.

Freeman looks better than he is because of their comp last year, I expect him to come back down to reality a little bit more this year but I still think he has a bright future, just not ready to crown him yet.

Flacco blows and I only hope the only attribute Cam shares is that they both have dominating defenses that lead the team on the other side of the ball. I just hope Cam is better at helping his defense out.

edromeo may be the 1st to attempt a real discussion.. if each of you take it for what it's worth without reading too far into each others points, this may be a good example for the future..

Meh, I attempted a "real" discussion with TRD recently and it ended with him making lame comments about how terrible Cam's NFL game tape is going to look.

Might try again in the future, we'll see. Just because he decided today was a good day to act like he's serious doesn't mean everyone has to jump in and play nice.

Might try again in the future, we'll see. Just because he decided today was a good day to act like he's serious doesn't mean everyone has to jump in and play nice.

You will discuss what I want you to discuss and how I want you to discuss it when I want you to discuss it.

Don't act like you have any thoughts of your own people want to read. You're only hope of being known is coming up with a witty joke in response to one of my posts.

Get crackin

Archived