• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My observations of Cam Newton's game

TheRealDeal

Why do the nuthuggers have a problem with people saying Cam needs work. You can see that by watching the game last night. He just isn't a solid NFL QB right now. Hopefully it will come, sooner than later. But blind man love over him will not make it happen. I admire him for working hard to get to where he is. Shula will coach him up and we will see a vast improvement over the next few weeks. Let s hope he responds well to coaching, like he has been, and can take over this team and lead them to some wins.

Ya name fits ya post perfectly

Cam legitimately had 4 drops last night. If Lafell makes at least one of those catches we're not even having this discussion right now.

Cam needs work, but not the drastic sit a year on the bench and learn kind of work. Hopefully he can tweak his throwing mechanics by 9/11.

For a 2-week old NFL rookie (who supposedly wouldn't be a solid pocket passing QB worth a poo) he showed excellent promise, and looked great in the pocket.

How can you make an outrageous statement like that after one pre season game?

Cam looked better than NFL Super Bowl MVP Eli Manning last night.

SMH

lol

Cam is still a work in progress, that's not exactly an outrageous statement..

I just don't understand... Did Cam run over your puppy with his swagmobile?

I don't understand how you can put so much energy into trashing this guy. Sure, he missed badly a few times, I counted 3 obvious ones.

He also placed the ball perfectly other times and made a few throws that would've been picked off by any other QB on the roster because they don't have the arm strength.

People would argue/debate your observations if they knew they were objective and coming from a good place. It's not going to get any of us anywhere. Aside from that, respectfully, your observations are extremely partial and very inaccurate to the point that they aren't worth debating... They are just so far off.

Ya name fits ya post perfectly

yeah but the problem is when this is said by certain people around here others go ballistic. Like someone poo in their wheaties. Blind homerism is what is turning me off to this board and cam. Hell i want him to succeed but damn, people act like he is there already just enshrine him now. One fuging preseason game and you can't point out his flaws or you're a hater. GFTO. this board is crazy..

How can you make an outrageous statement like that after one pre season game?

Cam looked better than NFL Super Bowl MVP Eli Manning last night.

SMH

lol

did you see his delivery on most of his throws? did you watch his footwork> did you see him almost bounce balls to people? Did you see him make decent throws? I said he needed to improve. Is that what passes as an outrageous statement now? SMFH

did you see his delivery on most of his throws? did you watch his footwork> did you see him almost bounce balls to people? Did you see him make decent throws? I said he needed to improve. Is that what passes as an outrageous statement now? SMFH

You said and I qoute "He isnt a solid QB right now"

You simply cannot make that claim as fact after seeing 2 quarters of play from a rookie.

He looked more than solid out there. Better than superbowl mvp eli manning.

And outside of the top 5 qbs who doesnt need to improve?

I haven't read all the posts in the entire thread, so I dont know what points have been made or what, but Id like to say this....

1.) Cam Newton basically played two years of college football as a starting QB,....one of those years was with a Junior college against junior college level competition....So basically, he has 1 year of true NCAA level competition experience under his belt.

2.) Its his first NFL debut, and its preseason....and not your ordinary preseason either...we all know about the lockout.

3.) Not only is cam newton new to this team,..everyone is new to this team.....

4) I was a big Miami Dolphin fan,...Dan Marino used to have crappy preseason stats too....(not comparing Cam and Dan as the same, just trying to remind people what the very first day of preseason means.....

To wrap it up, I thought Cam look pretty good...all of the above considered...The upside should be obvious for all who watched and doesn't have the preconceived hate value added to what they saw.

Heres an Idea, this site should have a "hows Cam gonna wind up? A success or a failure as a first round pick" poll...and keep it for 3 years. If we are so eager to judge him on two quarters of play, this may be a lot of fun to look back on. then we can truly see which of us is the REAL deal!!

Archived