• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My observations of Cam Newton's game

TheRealDeal

Dude, you've got another team's player as your avatar and your sig, you can't expect to be treated as an unbiased voice of reason. Anyway, I think it was obvious there was a safety over the top on both long completions, although the second was underthrown somewhat. I thought at least 3 of his passes should have been caught, a couple more could have been caught and weren't, and one should have been pass interference. Overall, 2 completions of at least 30 yards in the air, we had maybe 10 of those all of last season, so good reason to be excited.

Video shows there was no safety over the top. There was a safety in teh middle of the field on both throws but teh safety was nowhere near either receiver.

What 3 passes did you think should be catches that were dropped...I counted one for sure, and if you ignore the ball placement on the Clowney throw and lack of a replay, 2. Neither ball to LaFell was a drop.

What other passes did you think should be caught? There weren't really any balls near recievers that they didn't catch, besides the aforementioned drops.

The one PI call I mentioned but there was handfighting both ways.

and you not denying my statement just validates my point even further...

These are the consequences you have to face whenever you talk about our QBs. You dug this hole yourself.

I'm as objective as possible. I gave credit to his great throw and the others I've commented on are as they happened.

Which throws am I not being objective on?

Yup everyone here agrees with you.

No one can find anything wrong with my assessment, that's what it seems.

Silence is agreement that we don't want to get into a long drawn out arguement with an obvious troll with no objectivity. Face it bitch.

You don't want to get in an argument but you come in here knowing what the thread is about and comment on stuff not related to the post.

No need for name calling, we're just trying to talk Panther football in here.

I haven't made a post about Moore in the Panthers forum since he left...please try again.

I'm still waiting for someone to refute my analysis, did he not bounce it to Naanee? Did he not throw off his back foot and miss Barnidge on an out and Armanti on the post on back to back throws?

Dude, it's the kid's FIRST GAME. He showed poise and a lot of potential. Even on that rollout where he just dumped it off, he could have turned the corner and it got my blood pumping. That is something we haven't had before, and we don't have anything else like that on our roster.

Chill out on Cam, take the pre-season for what it is, and be positive about your team and its players.

I went back and replayed the game, tbh, you are pretty spot on. Cam did not play as well as most people think he did. He has a lot of work to do. He felt pressure when there wasn't any, which made him throw the ball sooner than he wanted, and off his back foot. I saw this a few times actually. I don't think he starts the first game of the season, based on this game alone. I'd love to see how he progresses throughout the preseason but I don't think he beats Clausen out.

I went back and replayed the game, tbh, you are pretty spot on. Cam did not play as well as most people think he did. He has a lot of work to do. He felt pressure when there wasn't any, which made him throw the ball sooner than he wanted, and off his back foot. I saw this a few times actually. I don't think he starts the first game of the season, based on this game alone. I'd love to see how he progresses throughout the preseason but I don't think he beats Clausen out.

I think people are romanticizing Cam's game and want it to be better than it was.

They use me to draw attention away from what really happened in the game.

Archived