• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My observations of Cam Newton's game

TheRealDeal

I honestly only watched 1 quarter of the miami game. I went off on him because you annoy me so much. I honestly for the life of me dont understand why we have derek anderson instead of matt moore.

Because Matt never played for Chud and would be just as lost as Jimmy and Cam learning this system. DA know the system and has help the other guys in the film room.

Ya clausen had a costly mistake. cam had plenty yet he was lucky enough for the passes not to be intercepted. The guy wasnt perfect by far but he looked like he understood the offense better then cam. And shiit he wasnt in the game for that long and scored more then cam did against 3rd stringers.

He also had more plays with the 1st team offense did you not notice the Gross and them were gone on Cam 2nd drive.

If you discredit Clausen's TD, you have to discredit both of Cam's big completions.

Can't have it both ways.

I'm not discrediting anything. I'm glad he threw that TD pass, especially after the pick 6, but that catch by Olsen was clearly better than the throw. Hell, if Jimmy lights it up next week and avoids throwing a pick six, I will be more than happy to heap praise on him.

Ok so I just went a rewatched all of Cams passes. Here is the breakdown....

1) Good pass - QB roll out pass to TE

2) Ok pass - Deep Go route

3) Good pass - Deep Post

4) Good pass - Slant

5) Ok pass - Slant, alil to fast

6) Good pass - RB Screen

7) Bad pass - Deep middle post, alil low

8) Good pass - TE Flat

9) Great pass - Deep Go route

10) Good pass - Deep Curl

11) Bad pass - Deep Out route, underthrown

12) Bad pass - Mid Out route, overthrown *was pressured*

13) Bad pass - Deep Middle Slant, overthrown

14) Good pass - FB Flat

15) Ok pass - Mid Slant

16) Bad pass - Mid Post, alil behind & late

17) Great pass - Mid Post

18) Good pass - RB Screen

19) Bad pass - Mid Out route

Why are you guys getting so defensive? Im a panther fan and am rooting for cam but may the best man win the job. And im sorry to say but cam wasnt last night. Could he be next week? Possibly.

He played better than DA. I don't give two sh*ts that DA had a touchdown pass, that was all Pilares.

1. Clausen (barely)

2. Newton

3. Anderson

Why are you guys getting so defensive? Im a panther fan and am rooting for cam but may the best man win the job. And im sorry to say but cam wasnt last night. Could he be next week? Possibly.

I'm not defensive at all, I just disagree that Clausen outplayed Cam. I actually thought it was pretty even, except for Jimmy's pick six. The problem is that Jimmy should not be even with Cam...he should be way ahead of him.

Archived