• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My observations of Cam Newton's game

TheRealDeal

It's pretty simple. People on here are stating that Cam played above and beyond what other rookies had done on the same day. Others are less over the top and saying that he revitalized the team, or said he played great. First off, any #1 pick is going to pick the fanbase up so of course it looked like everyone was revitalized. Secondly, he didn't really do anything in the game that was impressive, so unsure on why people are saying he played great.

For a rookie in his first game, he played ok or average. Plenty of rookies have played better (and worse), however he definitely did not play like people would have you believe on here.

There are other QBs on the roster and one definitely played a better game, yet people discredited Jimmy's and make excuses for Cam.

It's just frustrating that you simply can't say anything negative, or even something that is neutral about Cam without getting belittled, attacked or ignored.

I don't have a problem saying Cam wasn't amazing last night. He looked as You said "okay".

But he did two things I liked a lot. He showed great poise in the pocket for a rookie and he had the courage to make throws that most rookies would never have thrown in their first game.

I am also encouraged bc I am convinced that there are wrinkles in this offense that are going to give Cam an opportunity to be productive in other ways than just throwing. I think the team will hold those wrinkles back in the preseason to protect the plays and more importantly Cam himself.

So although it wasn't a 70% completion percentage it was about where I thought he might be and maybe a little bit better. And overall very, very encouraging.

Yet you are the one who is acting like a child. I even highlighted it for your pea sized brain to comprehend.

You "REPEATEDLY" give your opinion, that WE (Everyone) has heard countless time on the SAME F*CKING SUBJECT!!! Day after day.

We know what you think, and I respect what you think. However, I do not respect your decision to try and manipulate and force feed others your opionion constantly and then have the audacity to proclaim your statements as correct and thus always right. You are not God, or whoever you want to hold as a high figure in your life, so quit acting like it; and discuss things like a normal human being.

I'm not force feeding you anything. If you don't want to read it, don't open the thread. I didn't disguise the title, it states clearly what is to follow in the thread once you open it.

How did I manipulate you to reading this? Please enlighten me?

I don't see anybody saying that, I see a bunch of people saying that he played average and yet a select few (not you) argue that he was below average; which just wasn't the case. The last time I checked, he did not throw an interception, fumble a snap, or have a poor hand off exchange.

So the only things that make a QBs game below average are interceptions, fumbles and poor handoffs?

I just want to be clear so I can adjust my future assessments.

It's pretty simple. People on here are stating that Cam played above and beyond what other rookies had done on the same day. Others are less over the top and saying that he revitalized the team, or said he played great. First off, any #1 pick is going to pick the fanbase up so of course it looked like everyone was revitalized. Secondly, he didn't really do anything in the game that was impressive, so unsure on why people are saying he played great.

For a rookie in his first game, he played ok or average. Plenty of rookies have played better (and worse), however he definitely did not play like people would have you believe on here.

There are other QBs on the roster and one definitely played a better game, yet people discredited Jimmy's and make excuses for Cam.

It's just frustrating that you simply can't say anything negative, or even something that is neutral about Cam without getting belittled, attacked or ignored.

No i think you're taking some homers statments and making seem like everybody is pushing this theroy. I've not read myself where anybody is saying Cam look like Elway out there. Most of the fans here are saying he looked better then avg. Which is the same thing Sports writers the Giants Def. cordinator and players were saying.

I'm not force feeding you anything. If you don't want to read it, don't open the thread. I didn't disguise the title, it states clearly what is to follow in the thread once you open it.

How did I manipulate you to reading this? Please enlighten me?

Not me buddy, I have been around long enough where I personally don't mind you. However, others can't stand you, which causes a dramatic ripple effect.

The lay out of all your threads.

1. We discuss

2. You get people mad

3. People get you mad

4. Thread get's closed

Don't you see a problem with this, being an adult and all?

His O-Line, his experience, and his talent. HOWEVER, his mecahnic's have gotten much, much, much better; but TRD would still argue against his to.

That's a bad assumption.

I actually put Vick into my "Elite" category of QBs since he has committed himself to not be an athlete and rely on talent alone but hone his skills and become a deadly passer.

Try again

Not me buddy, I have been around long enough where I personally don't mind you. However, others can't stand you, which causes a dramatic ripple effect.

The lay out of all your threads.

1. We discuss

2. You get people mad

3. People get you mad

4. Thread get's closed

Don't you see a problem with this, being an adult and all?

People don't get me mad. I can't help if they don't like reading negative opinions about Cam.

If they want all positive threads and comments about Cam, create a new website for Cam or create a Cam Optimism forum.

I gave my comments on the game, I gave him credit where he deserved it, and I critiqued what I felt needed critiquing.

So the only things that make a QBs game below average are interceptions, fumbles and poor handoffs?

I just want to be clear so I can adjust my future assessments.

No, it definitley helps if they can move the ball down the field and put points on the board.

Now yes, Cam did make some very poor throws; but he also made some really good throws. He has things to work on like throwing off his back foot etc... (his pocket presence was better than anyone expected it would be) but there are some other things that he has already mastered (reading some defensive scheme's and learning the playbook).

If you are going to tear someone down, you have to build them up as well if they deserve it, and Cam did.

Especially considering (for the 100th time)...

This was Cam's FIRST NFL GAME!!! (Yes, he has time to learn, the first game is not the end all be all; so quit acting like it).

People don't get me mad. I can't help if they don't like reading negative opinions about Cam.

If they want all positive threads and comments about Cam, create a new website for Cam or create a Cam Optimism forum.

I gave my comments on the game, I gave him credit where he deserved it, and I critiqued what I felt needed critiquing.

Yawwwn. Once again the "you're all blinded by the Cam love" stance. A clear indication of insecurity, jealousy, and resentment. TRD like others who fell back post-draft allows his emotions and bias to cloud judgement. The beautiful thing now is, when he says stuff like this it has to be viewed as being directed at Jerry Richardson, the Panthers management, coaching staff, etc. They're all blinded by Cam, and TRD is the one genius who can see thru it and is smarter than us all.

"I think I can, I think I can" :lol:

Archived