• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My observations of Cam Newton's game

TheRealDeal

Yes I do. You want every player to be Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. However, not everyone is that gifted...sometime's you have to settle for Michael Vick and Josh Freeman (still throws off his backfoot quite a bit).

Or Vince Young, someone who relied on talent instead of fundamentals.

I want Cam to take his insane talent and work on his fundamentals to be the best player he can be. I don't want him to be raw and exciting his whole career.

Why not be refined and exciting?

No I think TRD is mad because Matt Moore is not here. He is over analyzing every pass a Rookie QB with 2 weeks of TC threw last night. If he did the same with every QB in the league he would see nobody throws a perfect pass every play. When i ask him to give his breakdown of the other players he came back with "I don't care what people think of me HUFF PUFF HUFF" crap. Why is he so focus on the QB posistion? Their are other position on this team that need breakdown but you won't see but 1 or 2 post in those thread if any.

I don't like talking about other positions on the field. I really like talking about QBs, how many more times do I need to say it?

No I think TRD is mad because Matt Moore is not here.

Basically. He resents Cam and Jimmy to a lesser extent because they took his hero's job from him which led to him packing his stuff up and settling as Chad Henne's backup. What TRD doesnt understand is, if Moore was as good as he thinks he was, they wouldve never had a chance to.

You don't get by on mechanic's. You get by on TALENT!!! Some of the best players to plays any sport had TALENT but not the right mechanics.

Also, football is a read and react game. You can't sit back and say what is luck and what isn't based on mechanic's or even coverage and scheme's because it's not by chance, it's because one player is simply better than the other (as seen in Stewart's case).

Why can't you understand that?

That is the attitude that puts talented rookies out the league inside 24 months.

All these guys in the NFL are talented. What separates them is their level of dedication in improving themselves and getting better.

Seriously man, that was a pretty stupid comment. That kind of attitude works in college - otherwise J Russell might have had a different career.

Thats ironic considering TRD isnt willing to hold a career backup who cant beat out Chad Henne, to the standard he holds our new franchise QB or even Clausen for that matter. I just cant take a poster seriously who's so picky about Qbing when his hero is a guy who was handed everything and wet the bed as a leader of our franchise. TRD is the living embodiment of an unlevel playing field. Ive never seen TRD roast Moore for averaging 2 INTs a game last season. Ive never seen TRD critique Moore's duck passes and lack of pocket presence. TRD is the living embodiment of "picking favorites" and tearing down 1 person to try and make another seem better than they are because they fold in competition and cant prove it on their own.

Matt Moore isn't on the Panthers, breaking down his game is useless.

I did plenty of it last year and gave my opinion on all of his plays. He's gone, out of sight, out of mind.

So because I repeatedly give my honest opinion that is the exact same as a few others, I get singled out?

Yet I'm the one who is a troll.

I know you are a child and you are very emotional, but try focusing on the content of people's post instead of who posts them.

You just made yourself look bad.

Yet you are the one who is acting like a child. I even highlighted it for your pea sized brain to comprehend.

You "REPEATEDLY" give your opinion, that WE (Everyone) has heard countless time on the SAME F*CKING SUBJECT!!! Day after day.

We know what you think, and I respect what you think. However, I do not respect your decision to try and manipulate and force feed others your opionion constantly and then have the audacity to proclaim your statements as correct and thus always right. You are not God, or whoever you want to hold as a high figure in your life, so quit acting like it; and discuss things like a normal human being.

That is the attitude that puts talented rookies out the league inside 24 months.

All these guys in the NFL are talented. What separates them is their level of dedication in improving themselves and getting better.

Seriously man, that was a pretty stupid comment. That kind of attitude works in college - otherwise J Russell might have had a different career.

Vick and Freeman are still here buddy. Yes, mechanic's are important, however; they are not the be all end all to a "great player."

No I think TRD is mad because Matt Moore is not here. He is over analyzing every pass a Rookie QB with 2 weeks of TC threw last night. If he did the same with every QB in the league he would see nobody throws a perfect pass every play. When i ask him to give his breakdown of the other players he came back with "I don't care what people think of me HUFF PUFF HUFF" crap. Why is he so focus on the QB posistion? Their are other position on this team that need breakdown but you won't see but 1 or 2 post in those thread if any.

It's pretty simple. People on here are stating that Cam played above and beyond what other rookies had done on the same day. Others are less over the top and saying that he revitalized the team, or said he played great. First off, any #1 pick is going to pick the fanbase up so of course it looked like everyone was revitalized. Secondly, he didn't really do anything in the game that was impressive, so unsure on why people are saying he played great.

For a rookie in his first game, he played ok or average. Plenty of rookies have played better (and worse), however he definitely did not play like people would have you believe on here.

There are other QBs on the roster and one definitely played a better game, yet people discredited Jimmy's and make excuses for Cam.

It's just frustrating that you simply can't say anything negative, or even something that is neutral about Cam without getting belittled, attacked or ignored.

Vick and Freeman are still here buddy. Yes, mechanic's are important, however; they are not the be all end all to a "great player."

Pop quiz - What has made Vick successful since getting back in the league? And how did Freeman do in his first season, what changed in the first post season?

I don't like talking about other positions on the field. I really like talking about QBs, how many more times do I need to say it?

But your not even good at that. By this statement you have shown you're not even a fan of this team. Plain and simple you're are going to nick pick our QB all season because your lord and saviour Matt Moore is not 1 of them anymore right????

How useless is this endeavor really??? It's not going to Bring MM back. You're not going to convince anybody (with a brain) we need MM.

Thats ironic considering TRD isnt willing to hold a career backup who cant beat out Chad Henne, to the standard he holds our new franchise QB or even Clausen for that matter. I just cant take a poster seriously who's so picky about Qbing when his hero is a guy who was handed everything and wet the bed as a leader of our franchise. TRD is the living embodiment of an unlevel playing field. Ive never seen TRD roast Moore for averaging 2 INTs a game last season. Ive never seen TRD critique Moore's duck passes and lack of pocket presence. TRD is the living embodiment of "picking favorites" and tearing down 1 person to try and make another seem better than they are because they fold in competition and cant prove it on their own.

He kinda got you there.

It's pretty simple. People on here are stating that Cam played above and beyond what other rookies had done on the same day. Others are less over the top and saying that he revitalized the team, or said he played great. First off, any #1 pick is going to pick the fanbase up so of course it looked like everyone was revitalized. Secondly, he didn't really do anything in the game that was impressive, so unsure on why people are saying he played great.

For a rookie in his first game, he played ok or average. Plenty of rookies have played better (and worse), however he definitely did not play like people would have you believe on here.

There are other QBs on the roster and one definitely played a better game, yet people discredited Jimmy's and make excuses for Cam.

It's just frustrating that you simply can't say anything negative, or even something that is neutral about Cam without getting belittled, attacked or ignored.

I don't see anybody saying that, I see a bunch of people saying that he played average and yet a select few (not you) argue that he was below average; which just wasn't the case. The last time I checked, he did not throw an interception, fumble a snap, or have a poor hand off exchange.

If one want's to argue against Cam's mechanic's, tha's fine; but one also needs to recognize the things he did well (this being his first NFL gam).

Archived