• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My observations of Cam Newton's game

TheRealDeal

TRD change up your shtick and breakdown how the defense looked or special teams or somthing other then the QB's on this team.. Better yet how about you don't talk about the QB's (good or Bad) for a month. Let's see If people's opinion of you change.

Do you not understand that I don't care what people's opinion of me is, least of all you? People should focus on my posts and their content. Many people here cannot look past the fact that I have different opinions let alone the picture that was in my avatar.

I made TRD change his avy and sig. I knew he would conform.

I'm simply taking away an excuse for people when reading my posts. They can no longer claim I'm not a Panther fan because of my sig and avvie. I will bet anything in the world it doesn't change, people just used it as a way to ignore the facts and deflect attention away from Cam's subpar performances.

All three of our QBs managed to move the team down the field and score. They did it with two weeks practice to boot. I could care less who threw off their back foot, why the ball should have been placed differently, etc... They moved the ball, which is far more than any of our QBs were able to do last year.

I'm looking forward to next week's game. :)

Cyber, you are always a good voice of reason. I always enjoy your an inferior site articles. I'm very eager to see next week's game as well. Hopefully more of our starters will be back by then. As much as I know Beason will excel in any system, he still needs the reps to get acclimated.

As far as Cam goes, I really hope they start him with the 1s so we can see how he performs with better talent against better talent.

All three of our QBs managed to move the team down the field and score. They did it with two weeks practice to boot. I could care less who threw off their back foot, why the ball should have been placed differently, etc... They moved the ball, which is far more than any of our QBs were able to do last year.

I'm looking forward to next week's game. :)

The offense had nothing to do with it and DWill had nothing to do with it either.

Looking at one variable and assuming it's the cause for the different end result is bad logic when so many other variables changed as well.

Do you not understand that I don't care what people's opinion of me is, least of all you?

Says the guy who changes his avy and sig so people "wont think he's not a Panther fan and some deranged groupie of a career backup QB." Try harder. We dont believe you, you need more people!

What is the matter TRD. You got upset everyone was no longer engaging you in your other thread so you decided to start another one. Judging by all of this it sounds like you didn't even see the game until the replay today yet had a lot of definitive statements earlier today.

I think I already gave my thoughts in the other thread so I won't bore everyone with my thoughts again.

What is the matter TRD. You got upset everyone was no longer engaging you in your other thread so you decided to start another one. Judging by all of this it sounds like you didn't even see the game until the replay today yet had a lot of definitive statements earlier today.

I think I already gave my thoughts in the other thread so I won't bore everyone with my thoughts again.

I stated that I had to watch the game on a somewhat grainy feed since I'm in Cali and it wasn't broadcast here. During the replay, I had more time to make notes of my observations.

I'd enjoy a brief summary of your thoughts. I already waded through the poo of 16 pages in this thread before it finally started getting good. I'd rather not put myself through this braindrain again!

The offense had nothing to do with it and DWill had nothing to do with it either.

Looking at one variable and assuming it's the cause for the different end result is bad logic when so many other variables changed as well.

I'm really not sure what you're trying to say here. The offense works with Jimmy, it works with Cam, and it works with Anderson. So what if it works because of Olsen, or Chud, or Williams? They were each able to mount drives and keep them going.

And I know they were going against the second and third string, and I don't care. For whatever reason, that didn't happen last year. So I think that our play at QB will be better, and right now that's enough for me. :)

Just curious, who do you think is the best QB on the roster right now? Do you think the coaches agree with you?

Hmmm...when I brought up all of the variables that went against our QB's, especially Cam's lack of time in a pro style offense, you laughed at me. I guess variables only matter when they support your argument, huh?

You can use all the words you want, but that response did not even remotely make sense to the original post.

You care more what the actual process of a throw looks like more than the actual result. I'm guessing if Cam threw two TD's and had no interceptions, you would be happy; right, WRONG (TRD's respose "because his footwork was slightly off")? I don't give a sh*t, it is something that can be worked on and nothing to dwell over; but if he can get wins with poor footwork right now, wait until he gets everything under control.

If the end result is a win, then the player at least played on an average level; because it shows he played well enough to win in the National Football League.

He led the team to six points (two field goals), and did not contribute any points to the Giants.

Get over yourself.

Cam played an average game and an average game got the Panthers a win. No an average game will not always get the job done, but no one expects Cam to be average except you. On top of that you think that what you see now, is what you get; which is just plain stupid.

Note: Before you try to argue that we wouldn't have won with out Clausen's and Anderson's touchdown's, you might want to take away the points from the pick six that Clausen threw.

Just curious, who do you think is the best QB on the roster right now? Do you think the coaches agree with you?

I was commenting on the part about last year.

I think Cam will be the starting QB. Is he the best? That's up for debate but he should be the starter come opening day. He has the best ability to make plays for the offense. He will be the starter sooner or later so it's better sooner and get the growing pains out.

I can't stand to watch Clausen play football. Anderson is not the future here and it'd be just pointless to play him. He's probably the best on the roster but not the best QB to play.

Hmmm...when I brought up all of the variables that went against our QB's, especially Cam's lack of time in a pro style offense, you laughed at me. I guess variables only matter when they support your argument, huh?

I was told earlier those variables weren't really an issue because more teams run the spread in the NFL, Sam Bradford, Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady all run the same offense that Cam did in college so that wouldn't even be an issue in his transition.

Comparing the results of two teams in two years and coming to the conclusion that it's all because of one variable without acknowledging the other 90 variables that changed is invalid.

Look. You can talk about mechanics and footwork until your blue in the face, but it's very obvious that Cam brings an energy to this team that has been missing for years, if it has ever been this way. His coaches believe in him and his teammates believe in him and, so far, he has gotten positive results at every level he's played.

As for the mechanical issues...they are 100% correctable. You either believe he will fix them or you don't. I'm betting that he will work his butt off to be the best he can be.

Archived