• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My observations of Cam Newton's game

TheRealDeal

That's KT's shtick. He doesn't answer any questions of him. He's not man enough to stand and defend his opinion. He posts and runs.

Don't bother

TRD change up your shtick and breakdown how the defense looked or special teams or somthing other then the QB's on this team.. Better yet how about you don't talk about the QB's (good or Bad) for a month. Let's see If people's opinion of you change.

KT, I know you and TRD have polar opposite views on Cam. In comparison to TRD's op "analysis", how do you think Cam fared in his Panther debut?

I think he did well for his first game. He's got a lot of work to do on his timing and there were plays he left on the field. But overall, I think he showed flashes of what he can bring to our team as far as passing. His deep ball, his poise, and just the polarizing figure he is brings excitement to our team. We havent even seen or witnessed his true athleticism to make plays yet. I was at the game and watching him high up and to me he looked like a McNabb the way he was staying in the pocket and trying to make throws downfield. I gave him a B for his performance and hope he continues to improve week by week.

I think he did well for his first game. He's got a lot of work to do on his timing and there were plays he left on the field. But overall, I think he showed flashes of what he can bring to our team as far as passing. His deep ball, his poise, and just the polarizing figure he is brings excitement to our team. We havent even seen or witnessed his true athleticism to make plays yet. I was at the game and watching him high up and to me he looked like a McNabb the way he was staying in the pocket and trying to make throws downfield. I gave him a B for his performance and hope he continues to improve week by week.

Good assessment.

TRD change up your shtick and breakdown how the defense looked or special teams or somthing other then the QB's on this team.. Better yet how about you don't talk about the QB's (good or Bad) for a month. Let's see If people's opinion of you change.

I made TRD change his avy and sig. I knew he would conform.

I agree, and I can't wait to compare his week 2 performance to his debut and see how he has improved. I was expecting him to play like absolute poo lastnight, and he surprised me greatly. How he responds to his mechanical flaws during the preseason is going to be very exciting.

Cam looked alright. He needs to work on his footwork. His throws are all over the place cause of the lack of his footwork. I knew he'd be a work in progress, but damn. If he's still throwing like this at the end of pre season, he shouldnt be starting.

PC I value your Opinion as a fan but what game did you see?

I've yet to see any QB at any level throw a perfect game. Where every throw was perfect. Why are people bitching about 3 or 4 throws from a guy with 2 weeks of TC under his belt?

One thing I noticed about the passes Cam was off on they were overthrows. While overthrows arent good, I see Cam being like a McNabb (who has a stellar TD to INT ratio for his career) in that he wont be a guy who throws a lot of INTs. He either puts the ball in the spot his receiver can get it or he overthrows them, but I cant recall any balls he placed where a defender could intercept.

Cam did show pretty bad footwork a few times, coaches need to get on that quick. He is quick to rely on his arm while his legs are doing their own thing. Saw far to many passes off his back foot needlessly.

And that's still better than I expected a rookie with no team-lead OTAs and with a condensed training camp (and no mini camp) to perform. Coming out, footwork was a big knock on Cam. As shaky as it was lastnight, did it look improved from when he was at the combine or at his private workout?

Hopefully Shula can shape him up.

All three of our QBs managed to move the team down the field and score. They did it with two weeks practice to boot. I could care less who threw off their back foot, why the ball should have been placed differently, etc... They moved the ball, which is far more than any of our QBs were able to do last year.

I'm looking forward to next week's game. :)

Archived