• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My observations of Cam Newton's game

TheRealDeal

Would better receviers make his throws more accurate?

At halftime, he's around 5-13 with 3 completions at the LOS (Olsen rollout, Barnidge checkdown, Goody screen) and two deep completions where both throws should have been bigger gains but he underthrew them pretty bad.

Out of his incompletions, LaFell one was good throw but better defense in endzone, LaFell 2 was bad throw low in teh endzone, missed Martin down the sideline but looked like a good throw just some handfighting, missed Olsen on a throw down the sideline that was a bad ball, missed barnidge in endzone getting hit, missed barnidge then armanti on back to back throws because he throws off his back foot way too much when there is no rush.

He also bounced one to Naanee over the middle

Second half starting

God damn receivers

God his play actions need work. Another completion/good throw at the LOS

3rd and 4....

Ball looked to be behind Clowney allowing the defender to rake down Clowney's arm to force the incompletion...also could be a drop...we'll call that one a wash

Shockingly, they don't show the replay

Shotgun, no drop again, holy poo his footwork is terrible, ball thrown so far behind goodson it's unreal...thank god for new NFL rules :lol:

Terrible play action...GREAT ball to armanti. Drop

Best pass I've seen him throw, hit his drop, planted, and fired the ball.

I want more of that

Lobbed screen to Goody, nearly got him killed but Goody escapes and gets good yaradage.

shotgun, bad snap, three step drop from the gun, good drop, bounces the ball on the out route

sheesh

I don't see how people are crediting him with 5 drops...I've seen one so far to Armanti and possibly another one with Clowney.

Most completions right around the LOS and the two big ones down the field, both not great throws that took points off the board

How much honest attention do you expect anyone to pay to someone whose posts are filled with manlove for our ex QB and Dolphins images anyway? A Panthers fan posts these thoughts and I'll happily debate / analyze them. A groupie posts then and I'd prefer to give you a pack of Trojans so you can be safe when you make it backstage.

I haven't made a post about Moore in the Panthers forum since he left...please try again.

I'm still waiting for someone to refute my analysis, did he not bounce it to Naanee? Did he not throw off his back foot and miss Barnidge on an out and Armanti on the post on back to back throws?

Dude, you've got another team's player as your avatar and your sig, you can't expect to be treated as an unbiased voice of reason. Anyway, I think it was obvious there was a safety over the top on both long completions, although the second was underthrown somewhat. I thought at least 3 of his passes should have been caught, a couple more could have been caught and weren't, and one should have been pass interference. Overall, 2 completions of at least 30 yards in the air, we had maybe 10 of those all of last season, so good reason to be excited.

TRD is right guys, Cam sucks. He'll never live up to the legend of Matt Moore. Guess we should just give up on this season and spend the fall watching YouTube highlights of the last 3 games from 09.

Real deal is just being his namesake.

Cam is a rookie - and one who always offerred more athletisism/upside in exchange for shaky mechanics and thin experience.

I think I agree with most in that there is a ton of upside there, but let's face it 99/100 people here are cutting him breaks.

From Sorenson today:

"Newton played seven series and, like Clausen, he was sacked twice. When Clausen is sacked, fans blame him. When Newton is sacked, fans blame the offensive line, the play call, the officials or the Giants cheated."

Archived