• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where would you rank our QB stable ?

TheRealDeal

It was only the first game of preseason, he still has time.

He's been workign 12 hours a day during the offseason and still couldn't fix it.

I'd assume he's not working that hard anymore since he doesn't have that much time due to league rules so I don't think we'll see anymore big jumps in progress.

Could take more than the preseason.

He's been workign 12 hours a day during the offseason and still couldn't fix it.

I'd assume he's not working that hard anymore since he doesn't have that much time due to league rules so I don't think we'll see anymore big jumps in progress.

Could take more than the preseason.

Live action is so much different than training camp. Cam couldn't even be touched in TC, and hadn't been hit in almost a year; he was most likely very nervous. Give him and Jimmy a break, they both played pretty well considering how much time they missed and how young they both are.

If you are going to give Matt Moore 18 full games, it's only fair if you give Jimmy and Cam 18 full games (undrafted free agent or not, Moore got to sit back and watch; so he should have been ready when he got his chance).

Matt Moore is 7-6 as a starter and 1 of those games as a starter he threw 6 passes.

To say he's had 18 full games is wrong.

Moore is not part of this discussion. The fact that you guys result to talking about a QB who is an undrafted QB on his 3rd team in 5 years to defend the #1 pick in the draft is telling.

If Cam can work on his accuracy, then I have no problem with him throwing it off his back foot because the ball comes out so fast that it doesn't affect the aspect of; if he is getting the ball to his receivers.

Have you considered the fact that accuracy issues are the result of those bad habits? He can start working on his accuracy by eliminating the obvious flaws such as throwing off of his back foot. Accuracy is arguably the first or second most important characteristics of a successful QB. It's not like some nitpicking criticism, it's fundamental to success at the position.

Matt Moore is 7-6 as a starter and 1 of those games as a starter he threw 6 passes.

Moore is not part of this discussion. The fact that you guys result to talking about a QB who is an undrafted QB on his 3rd team in 5 years to defend the #1 pick in the draft is telling.

Have you considered that Matt Moore comes into the conversation because you have a great big picture of him in your sig? Duh

Have you considered the fact that accuracy issues are the result of those bad habits? He can start working on his accuracy by eliminating the obvious flaws such as throwing off of his back foot. Accuracy is arguably the first or second most important characteristics of a successful QB. It's not like some nitpicking criticism, it's fundamental to success at the position.

At the same time though, it's not like Cam was ten feet off of every throw. Those two endzone throws to LaFell were right on the money and so were the one's to Armanti and Clowney, which were dropped. In fact, I only saw two throws that were really inaccurate...the one where he was blitzed and threw it short to Barnidge (I think it was) and the one to Armanti in the endzone. Other than that, even his incompletions were pretty accurate throws, regardless of whether his footwork was perfect or not..

At the same time though, it's not like Cam was ten feet off of every throw. Those two endzone throws to LaFell were right on the money and so were the one's to Armanti and Clowney, which were dropped. In fact, I only saw two throws that were really inaccurate...the one where he was blitzed and threw it short to Barnidge (I think it was) and the one to Armanti in the endzone. Other than that, even his incompletions were pretty accurate throws, regardless of whether his footwork was perfect or not..

The one he bounced to Naanee? The one he threw 3 feet behind goodson?

Those were accurate throws?

The second one to LaFell was on the ground. A good throw results in a TD as he had the coverage beat to the middle.

The one he bounced to Naanee? The one he threw 3 feet behind goodson?

Those were accurate throws?

The second one to LaFell was on the ground. A good throw results in a TD as he had the coverage beat to the middle.

OK then smartass...he had 4 inaccurate throws out of 19 attempts. I guess we should all just give up and call him a bust after one preseason game.:rolleyes:

Can't have fans showing optimism over the #1 pick since he's not the perfect pocket passer yet.

Yeahhhhh, it kind of does (Or were you to busy trolling that your forgot your question?). You asked where would "one" rank our QB stable. I said ahead of the Dolphins (therefore, bringing Matt Moore and Chad Henne into the conversation).

Also, it doesn't matter how many games he is started as I don't really give two sh*ts about Matt Moore's overall record as a starter. If it was good enough, he would be our quarterback. So, if you are willing to give Moore 18 games and 392 passing attempts, then you must be willing to give Cam and Jimmy 18 games and 392 passing attempts before jumping on them for how well or how poor they played.

Your blind nut clinging to Moore is pathetic, you get upset with the "huggers" that Cam has; but you don't realize you act the same way with Moore. Then when you get backed down into a corner you scurry away with your tail between your legs and change the subject or resort to name calling.

Just get over it, the Panthers have moved on, the fans have moved on, TRD should move on.

By the way, let's stay on topic. :cool:

Archived