• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where would you rank our QB stable ?

TheRealDeal

okay

So you think it's fair to compare a rookie and a 2nd year QB who are both playing in a new offense, to rookies and veterans who have already played in the system before? Hell, Locker and Mallett both had at least 3 years experience in pro style offenses before they were even drafted...Newton has had about 10 practices in a pro style system. There is no way you can accurately compare these guys after one preseason game against different opponents. You can give an opinion, I guess, but you can't come to any conclusions.

So you think it's fair to compare a rookie and a 2nd year QB who are both playing in a new offense, to rookies and veterans who have already played in the system before? Hell, Locker and Mallett both had at least 3 years experience in pro style offenses before they were even drafted...Newton has had about 10 practices in a pro style system. There is no way you can accurately compare these guys after one preseason game against different opponents. You can give an opinion, I guess, but you can't come to any conclusions.

Pro style offense, that doesn't matter.

Don't you remember all the debates before the draft. many teams in teh NFL run the spread and Jimmy Clausen comes from a pro style offense so that is no excuse for Cam.

Since so many teams run the spread in the NFL, he should actually be ahead of the curve

Right now, as of seeing us last night...I'd personally put us in the same boat as Buffalo, Miami, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Oakland, San Francisco, and Seattle.

Potentially better than Jacksonville, Tennessee, Denver, Washington, Minnesota, and Arizona depending on how are quarterback's play, and how the mentioned teams quarterback's play.

Eli Manning has won a Superbowl and has more NFL starts than Clausen, Newton, and Anderson combined, plus he's playing in a system he knows like the back of his hand. He was playing against a bunch of rookies and back ups, but didn't light them up at all. Where does he rank after 1 preseason game?

Eli Manning has won a Superbowl and has more NFL starts than Clausen, Newton, and Anderson combined, plus he's playing in a system he knows like the back of his hand. He was playing against a bunch of rookies and back ups, but didn't light them up at all. Where does he rank after 1 preseason game?

somewhere around or below miami

Here's how many regular season's each has played between the five.

Derek Anderson- 51

Chad Henne- 32

Matt Moore- 22

Jimmy Clausen- 13

Cam Newton- 0

If you take Anderson out of the experience, which one should as he has no realistic chance of becoming the starter; you would see that Henne and Moore have had a hell of a lot more time that Jimmy and Cam.

I just think if one of them was going to prove that they can be a starting quarterback in this league, then it has to be THIS YEAR.

McCoy looked very good last night.

Fitz is better than both Clausen and Cam right now.

If David G, Hass, Rex and an aging McNabb show up, they are clearly better, Orton is clearly better than our guys.

We have AZ (with Cam in teh game) and Cincy (with either), Oakland (again with only Cam), Seattle and San Fran (with either)

Kind of hard to tell tbh. I would rather have our QB situation over SF, Was, Cinci right now so I guess as of today we are at 29 in my book :). Good improvement/better play next game and I see a huge jump. Just to small of a sample size at this point.

I was more impressed with the play calling. Maybe I'm just so used to Fox's regime play calling but felt like I was watching a different team over all.

Right about the play calling. Lots of different looks for 1st preseason game. Liked the calls on defense too. Better tackling than last year.

Here's how many regular season's each has played between the five.

Derek Anderson- 51

Chad Henne- 32

Matt Moore- 22

Jimmy Clausen- 13

Cam Newton- 0

If you take Anderson out of the experience, which one should as he has no realistic chance of becoming the starter; you would see that Henne and Moore have had a hell of a lot more time that Jimmy and Cam.

I just think if one of them was going to prove that they can be a starting quarterback in this league, then it has to be THIS YEAR.

Do you count games for Moore when he came in to throw 1 or two passes?

McCoy looked very good last night.

Fitz is better than both Clausen and Cam right now.

If David G, Hass, Rex and an aging McNabb show up, they are clearly better, Orton is clearly better than our guys.

We have AZ (with Cam in teh game) and Cincy (with either), Oakland (again with only Cam), Seattle and San Fran (with either)

Fitz is a reach, I personally don't think he is better than Anderson.

But yeah, I agree other than that.

Archived