• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mallett/Gabbert/Cam/Ponder/Locker

TheRealDeal

Was this thread a subtle attempt to get people wound up again? I assumed so as soon as I opened it but pretty sure of it now.

No, other dude brought it up like 4 times and this thread was NOT about that so I didn't know why he kept bringing that up.

It's about pressure to live up to expectations after seeing other rookies do well. He's never had expectations like this. He's always come from nowhere to steal the spotlight, now he's in it and he's not the big dog.

How we will interpret his performance? How will we compare the rookie QBs? How will the national media do it? Can he live up

This is what I was trying to get across I guess.

Do we expect more out of Cam now after seeing that other rookies are doing well?

Or are we going to try our hardest to discredit everything about their performance to protect our rookie?

Is it really? Okay, to respond fairly then, I dont expect much from Cam this game. I do expect him to progress quicker than most other rookie QB's, and with the exception of a handful, usually takes a year or two.

No, other dude brought it up like 4 times and this thread was NOT about that so I didn't know why he kept bringing that up.

It's about pressure to live up to expectations after seeing other rookies do well. He's never had expectations like this. He's always come from nowhere to steal the spotlight, now he's in it and he's not the big dog.

How we will interpret his performance? How will we compare the rookie QBs? How will the national media do it? Can he live up

You can't begin to answer those questions without seeing Cam, or the rest of the rookies play in an NFL game yet. Once Cam, Ponder, and Locker play, then this will actually be worth a discussion.

The only thing one can really argue about now, is wether or not Cam can handle pressure (not at the NFL level), but pressure in general...and realistically everyone should have an answer of "yes," for that question; simply by watching the way Cam handled himself from his senior year at Auburn all the way up to NOW!!!

Is his rookie season his most important season? Or, does his progression to his fourth season be considered more important? Seeing that no rookie QB other than Cam is expected to start, I'm not sure if the comparison is valid. I'm not the type of guy that is gonna have him figured out or labeled after one season, he comes to a 2-14 team with pretty good talent surrounding him.

I dont expect a ton of wins, I do expect the team to rally behind him and he become a leader. If this doesnt happen before his contract expires, I would say the pick didnt work out.

This pressure is nothing like that pressure.

Sometimes I feel pressure of making it home after work to take my dump in the toilet vs my car.

Sometimes I feel pressure to get that report to my boss on time, sometimes other areas of life.

I usually dominate the pressure in the first scenario, others it varies.

Is his rookie season his most important season? Or, does his progression to his fourth season be considered more important? Seeing that no rookie QB other than Cam is expected to start, I'm not sure if the comparison is valid. I'm not the type of guy that is gonna have him figured out or labeled after one season, he comes to a 2-14 team with pretty good talent surrounding him.

I dont expect a ton of wins, I do expect the team to rally behind him and he become a leader. If this doesnt happen before his contract expires, I would say the pick didnt work out.

No, but if he is bad for 3 seasons and Mallet is killing it for 3 preseasons and in some spot relief duty then Cam has a good 4th year did we make the right choice?

By then are Smitty, DWill, Stew, Beason, Gross, Kalil still in their prime?

Anyone think Cam is feeling the pressure after the performances that Mallett and Gabbert put on so far (moreso Mallett)?

Dude looked pretty damn good in his debut.

They will all be forever linked but do you think it adds pressure to Cam for his debut?

The pressure he had while playing at Auburn was by far worse than what other quarterbacks are doing for their teams. At Auburn he had the "pay for play" accusation hanging over his head nearly the whole season with opponents, fans and the media taunting him about that issue.

So if he managed to win the Heisman and a national championship with that kind of pressure, I am fully confident that he will do well in the NFL.

This pressure is nothing like that pressure.

Sometimes I feel pressure of making it home after work to take my dump in the toilet vs my car.

Sometimes I feel pressure to get that report to my boss on time, sometimes other areas of life.

I usually dominate the pressure in the first scenario, others it varies.

Oh really? The pressure he is feeling now, is nothing to what it was at Auburn? Sure, the intensity and talent will be at a whole new level, but the common denominator is football. Cam has always felt pressure regarding the subject of football, and for a rookie you have to take the experiences you do have and translate them as close as you can to the experiences that you will face in the future. No rookie has any NFL experiences right now that they can look back on and learn from. That is why Cam and every other rookie in the NFL has to translate the experiences they do have from high school and college football, and pressure they have felt in the past from those experiences to something that they feel like they will have to go through or something they will experience in the future.

You act like Cam is the only rookie in the NFL experiencing pressure, or the only rookie in the NFL for that matter. Sure, Cam is probably under the most pressure right now to succeed and even start, but I'm sure Gabbert, Locker, and Ponder feel the same way.

Pressure and experience just come with the territory of playing a sport at all level's and one can only learn through time and experiences at higher level's.

Does that answer all of your pathetic questions?

Archived