• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mallett/Gabbert/Cam/Ponder/Locker

TheRealDeal

Cam looked so good when he was pressured...

You are right. His is still not completing the third down throws he needs to make but he is very cool in the pocket, doesn't get rattled and doesn't immediately try and run. For a rookie who was going to need 2 or 3 years by your supposedly expert analysis to be able to start, he is light years ahead of where you thought he would be. Doesn't stop your constant criticism but I am not surprised, I said months ago this is exactly what you would do.

And yes I knew it was sarcasm, but I went with it.

You are right. His is still not completing the third down throws he needs to make but he is very cool in the pocket, doesn't get rattled and doesn't immediately try and run. For a rookie who was going to need 2 or 3 years by your supposedly expert analysis to be able to start, he is light years ahead of where you thought he would be. Doesn't stop your constant criticism but I am not surprised, I said months ago this is exactly what you would do.

And yes I knew it was sarcasm, but I went with it.

Man, people just get stuck in a rut. If they are weak, they probably wont make it out and move on. This example is in front of our face. It's weird how his expectations were so low before draft and after he was picked, they sky rocket up. Some people love to live in misery.

Man, people just get stuck in a rut. If they are weak, they probably wont make it out and move on. This example is in front of our face. It's weird how his expectations were so low before draft and after he was picked, they sky rocket up. Some people love to live in misery.

By my count he's put down Newton, Clausen, Edwards, and LaFell. Yep, a true fan.

Cam looked so good when he was pressured...

just about every NFL analyst out there has spoke positively about Newton in the pocket and under pressure. For a rookie, he did look good...

saying a rookie looked good doesn't mean they showed what you ideally want.....you know b/c most people realize they are rookies w/ a shortened offseason on top of it.

If can't see the difference between how Cam responded last week to pressure vs. Clausen.....then you simply are choosing to ignore it.

as far as Mallett goes, he is painfully slow at times.....he will have to be way more mentally ahead than someone like Cam to deal w/ pressure effectively.

just about every NFL analyst out there has spoke positively about Newton in the pocket and under pressure. For a rookie, he did look good...

saying a rookie looked good doesn't mean they showed what you ideally want.....you know b/c most people realize they are rookies w/ a shortened offseason on top of it.

If can't see the difference between how Cam responded last week to pressure vs. Clausen.....then you simply are choosing to ignore it.

as far as Mallett goes, he is painfully slow at times.....he will have to be way more mentally ahead than someone like Cam to deal w/ pressure effectively.

you didnt know? trd has worked at espn from the age of 12.

I said we were a playoff team if we had a good draft.

My expectations were sky high before the draft, pretty low now.

I said we were a playoff team if we had a good draft.

My expectations were sky high before the draft, pretty low now.

okay, define the type draft that would have made us a playoff team vs. a garbage team that we now are?

with actual players who were drafted........

I expect all the rookie QBs to struggle this week now that theirs tape on them and remember 3 weeks of camp doesn't make up for missing 3 months of mini camps and OTA's

http://www.nfl.com/videos/carolina-panthers/09000d5d82188846/Tough-road-ahead-for-rookie-QBs

Even Matt Ryan feels bad for the rookies

Wait a minute, The Golden Calf of Bristol is discussing the road ahead for the rookies. He's barely removed from being one himself.

Archived