• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mallett/Gabbert/Cam/Ponder/Locker

TheRealDeal

No, I don't think he will have any added pressure. Plus I don't really think he will be concentrating on other teams/players like that right now when he has so much going on.

Gabbert looked like a rookie, and okay at best. He took some bad sacks, held on to the ball too long a few times, but nothing not to be expected considering the time he's had to prepare. He also made some decent throws so... Performance IMO was nothing special, nor horrid.

Mallett was basically going against 2nd and 3rd depth defenses, Gabbert really didn't look like anything special to me. Plus the regular season is more brutal than pre-season.

I disagree on knocking Mallet's performance because of who he went against.

It's not who he did it against, so much as to how he looked doing it. He was in the pocket with confidence, threw some balls into some very very tight windows... I don't care if it's first, second or 3rd string, a tight window is a tight window. You could see him moving well in the pocket, avoiding pressure, and making a few reads.... That's impressive for his first NFL action. If Cam performs like that, I will be thrilled.

I'm excited just to see Panthers football, but in Cam's case, how the team responds to him. I would be surprised if he even watched any games to compare himself to the other rookies. I'm way more interested how he looks in week 12 rather than in the first preseason game, which really holds minimal weight and really has nothing to do with the rest of his career. My first sexual experience with a girl lasted about 90 seconds, just getting the feet wet the first experience barely will indicate the rest of the future.

I may avoid the huddle on Sunday, just because I know everything will be blown out of proportion, whichever direction that is. Again, last night has very little impact on any of those guys careers, much less Cam's.

Anyone think Cam is feeling the pressure after the performances that Mallett and Gabbert put on so far (moreso Mallett)?

Dude looked pretty damn good in his debut.

They will all be forever linked but do you think it adds pressure to Cam for his debut?

Nope...Cam is Cam..Mallett is Mallett and Blaine was more media hype.:D

From the beginning of the draft, I've always had Cam, Mallett and Jake as my top three QBs. Mallett being the most accurate. Jake being the fastest and Cam more all around.

IMO, Blaine just had what these media folks were looking for in a QB, an All American look guy. I never felt he was really in the same league as Mallett, Cam and Jake. Heck, I feel even Ponder is way better than Blaine. Blaine just luck out with having an agent who is well respected in the sports media, IMO.

I'm excited just to see Panthers football, but in Cam's case, how the team responds to him. I would be surprised if he even watched any games to compare himself to the other rookies. I'm way more interested how he looks in week 12 rather than in the first preseason game, which really holds minimal weight and really has nothing to do with the rest of his career. My first sexual experience with a girl lasted about 90 seconds, just getting the feet wet the first experience barely will indicate the rest of the future.

I may avoid the huddle on Sunday, just because I know everything will be blown out of proportion, whichever direction that is. Again, last night has very little impact on any of those guys careers, much less Cam's.

this sums up my feelings about this thread

Gabbert has best chance of starting(Garrad is probably not going to last the season imo).

Mallet can crazy glue the clipboard to his hands and take off his shoulder pads.

Ponder won't start over McNabb this year.

Locker the same.

I agree with TRD that Newton will have more pressure to perform. Hell he has only been in training camp 11 days and a bad practice and people here tear him apart. Add to the fact that he is in a legitimate battle with Clausen for the starting position. Being the number one draft pick. The questions about his readiness. Being a lightning rod for either praise or scorn across the nation, if he doesn't perform well yes ESPN and their top notch reporting is going to tear him down. Not to mention the "game film" reviewers on this board. :)

However if he does play well, then the Cam lovers will decimate Jimmy. He will be booed mercilessly even on completions and Steve Smith with spike his cactus cooler with strychnine.

From what I've seen of Cam, confidence doesn't seem to be an issue.

That is what him and Mallett have in spades. Now if Cam can fix just enough of those inconsistancies in his throwing to both excite and win some games, the orgasmic sound coming from wherever the team is playing will have to be understood..:D

Sooner or later Cam will see an episode of NFL live when the talk about the rookie QBs performances in preseason. Hopefully they have good things to say about him but if they don't, and if he's legitimately getting out performed by Mallet and Locker and Gabbert, how does he respond?

He's never not been the man before, it'll be an interesting dynamic

Archived