• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mallett/Gabbert/Cam/Ponder/Locker

TheRealDeal

Everyone else mentioned in this thread is a rookie as well. Would you say they looked great or amazing then, considering they are all rookies?

Cam looked like the 4th or 5th QB in the class, albeit early.

You missed the point, people are not putting Cam into the rookie class. When Cam is talked about they act as if he has been in the NFL for a few seasons.

I'm not wiggling out, I'm clarifying what I said.

You struggle with reading comprehension and thought I was singling you out. If I cared enough, I'm sure I can find some statements by you saying the spread didn't matter, his footwork is fine, accuracy is fine, etc.

Here is the bread and butter of TRD's argument. If you like Cam and think he deserved to be picked #1 you are biased and a kool-aid drinker therefore void of reason and intellect. If you think Cam was not worth the #1 pick and he will never be a good QB you are a realist and truth teller.

So de facto in TRD's mind ONLY people who didn't think we should draft Cam and ONLY people who think he will be a poor NFL QB are people who are realists and tell the truth or intelligent enough to carry on a QB conversation. Everyone else is blinded with false hope and optimism and need to be brought back to reality by the "message board hero".

The whole crux of the argument is so baffling in it's stupidity and it comes from the one person who continues to question everyone else's intelligence. That is the comical thing about it :lol:

But the thing is I am not that worried about his accuracy at this point. I still think he threw the ball pretty well last night, especially for a QB in his first live NFL game. But his accuracy will develop and (I keep saying this) there will be packages and plays to fully use all of Cam's attributes once the season starts that weren't displayed last night.

Most rookie QB's would have come into the game, thrown some screens, some slants, and maybe a crossing pattern or two, completed 7 or 8 passes and gained about 90 yards and everybody would have talked about how great a debut that rookie had. Cam if nothing else proved last night that he was ready to rise to the challenge of playing in the NFL. He had incredible poise in the pocket it seemed, made some big boy throws, and showed he is ready to try and make plays for this football team.

That is fine if you think he was the worst out of all the rookie QBs you have that right. But just because I completely disagree with you doesn't mean I am in a dream world of rainbows and lollipops that has no fugging clue what it takes to be an NFL QB or the ability to analyze a game and draw different conclusions than you.

If your sole goal is to spread negativity under the guise of being a "realist" just go somewhere else and post for a while. If you want to discuss Cam that is fine but understand that there is a good chance (and and in my opinion a very good chance) that you are wrong :eek: :eek: :eek:

well question answered and he looked poised and had one of the top rookie games. him, Mallett and Locker all had good games. it's between Mallett and Newton on who had the better game, but my favorite play to watch was Locker's where he threw a TD, but Newton didnt act like he was under alot of pressure, he was more poised than i expected.

Where would you rank him among the rookies based on their first action?

I did not get the chance to watch the other rookie QB play. Preseason stat ranking is not the best way to rank a player based on when they play and what starters they are playing with and against. So just off of numbers I will rank them Locker, Mallett, Ponder, Gabbert, and Newton.

Anyone that watched the game knows if the ball was an inch closer to AE's hands and if the drops were actually caught, Cam would be in the lead. Before any homer calls are made I did not want Cam drafted. Just what I saw from last nights game.

I did not get the chance to watch the other rookie QB play. Preseason stat ranking is not the best way to rank a player based on when they play and what starters they are playing with and against. So just off of numbers I will rank them Locker, Mallett, Ponder, Gabbert, and Newton.

Anyone that watched the game knows if the ball was an inch closer to AE's hands and if the drops were actually caught, Cam would be in the lead. Before any homer calls are made I did not want Cam drafted. Just what I saw from last nights game.

are you ranking them from worse to first??? for me (if we are going worse to first) then i go, Ponder, Gabbert, Locker, Mallett and Newton. Mallett played well, but it was vs. guys who may not make the team in 2011. Locker is 3rd because he showed good poise, even when it looked like a lost play, he showed good poise and threw a TD and Newton leads because he looked real poise vs. a little bit of first teamers then 2nd teamers.

are you ranking them from worse to first??? for me (if we are going worse to first) then i go, Ponder, Gabbert, Locker, Mallett and Newton. Mallett played well, but it was vs. guys who may not make the team in 2011. Locker is 3rd because he showed good poise, even when it looked like a lost play, he showed good poise and threw a TD and Newton leads because he looked real poise vs. a little bit of first teamers then 2nd teamers.

Oh come on.... Not even the most blind homer in all of the NFL fan bases could claim that Newton had the best rookie debut. I hate to burst your bubble but Cam also played against 2nd-3rd stringer for the most part, so discredited other QBs for that is the most absurd reasoning I have seen.

Personally, Cam looked average, no more, nor less. He had a couple of good and bad throws (nothing that was out of this world) and looked overwhelmed and composed at various points.

He showed a couple of moments of potential, connecting on a couple of deep throws, but those passes weren't the most difficult to connect with, so hard to get too crazy about them.

Oh come on.... Not even the most blind homer in all of the NFL fan bases could claim that Newton had the best rookie debut. I hate to burst your bubble but Cam also played against 2nd-3rd stringer for the most part, so discredited other QBs for that is the most absurd reasoning I have seen.

he played a little bit vs. first teamers, but mainly the 2nd teamers and who do YOU think had the best rookie QB performance??????

No, why would I do that? Go back and read what I said.

ok i see now. i ranked them on poise, numbers and the defenses they played which is why i have Newton ranked first. it's not like he was great because he wasnt, but i dont think any rookie QB played better.

Archived