• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mallett/Gabbert/Cam/Ponder/Locker

TheRealDeal

The problem is that you only look at the flaws and ignore everything good, when it comes to Cam Newton. What the hell did you expect from this kid in his first ever NFL action anyway?

I expected what you guys told me to expect...a great pure passer with no footwork or accuracy issues, the ability to read any defense, and someone who will score 2-3 TDs a game.

I acknowledge plenty of his positives, which he has many of, but I spend most of my time defending my opinions about his negatives.

Cam looked good for a rookie QB playing in his very first game. Yes, a rookie. Seems the people who keep bashing him forget this fact, this is his first year, not his fourth or fifth. I know they all start with the letter F but lets not get them confused with one another. In my opinion, I think some people are mad that Cam did not flop in his first game.

I expected what you guys told me to expect...a great pure passer with no footwork or accuracy issues, the ability to read any defense, and someone who will score 2-3 TDs a game.

I acknowledge plenty of his positives, which he has many of, but I spend most of my time defending my opinions about his negatives.

You are lying. I never said that Cam was a pure passer with no issues, and I don't believe anybody else did either.

Cam looked good for a rookie QB playing in his very first game. Yes, a rookie. Seems the people who keep bashing him forget this fact, this is his first year, not his fourth or fifth. I know they all start with the letter F but lets not get them confused with one another. In my opinion, I think some people are mad that Cam did not flop in his first game.

Everyone else mentioned in this thread is a rookie as well. Would you say they looked great or amazing then, considering they are all rookies?

Cam looked like the 4th or 5th QB in the class, albeit early.

You are lying. I never said that Cam was a pure passer with no issues, and I don't believe anybody else did either.

I never said you said it. BlackCatGrowl went on and on how he had no issues, none whatsoever, absolutely zero issues when it comes to him throwing the football. Others argued he was the best passer to come out in the last 5+ years, better than Bradford, Stafford, etc

This same joke again? Jesus you guys are turrible.

You bring it on yourself, so I have no sympathy for you.

You've become the new KT.

For the record, Cam's footwork was much improved last night over what we saw against Oregon, and I distinctly remember me and you discussing that prior to the draft.

Everyone else mentioned in this thread is a rookie as well. Would you say they looked great or amazing then, considering they are all rookies?

Cam looked like the 4th or 5th QB in the class, albeit early.

I never said you said it. BlackCatGrowl went on and on how he had no issues, none whatsoever, absolutely zero issues when it comes to him throwing the football. Others argued he was the best passer to come out in the last 5+ years, better than Bradford, Stafford, etc

Uh, yes you did.

Archived