• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mallett/Gabbert/Cam/Ponder/Locker

TheRealDeal

I couldn't care less about Locker or Mallett. Cam is a Panther though, and I thought he did pretty damn good for a spread QB who only played 1 year of Div. 1 college ball and has had only about 10 practices to learn the NFL game. He will get better and better every week.

...waiting for TRD to tell us about how Moore threw 2 TD's against the Falcons 3rd string defense last night.

Tell me how good Cam is for not throwing any TDs against the Giant's 3s.

Cam has looked worse than any rookie QB out there out of the big 4 (didn't see Ponder play yet).

Try and deflect attention all you want, he's still inaccurate, his footwork is still poop (that he's supposedly been working on for months now), and he looks scared of the rush.

"Practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect"

I couldn't care less about Locker or Mallett. Cam is a Panther though, and I thought he did pretty damn good for a spread QB who only played 1 year of Div. 1 college ball and has had only about 10 practices to learn the NFL game. He will get better and better every week.

But you guys told us that wouldn't matter in the draft process. You guys told us how many NFL teams run the spread, how multiple years of real college football was meaningless and how he was already one of the best passers to come out in years.

You hated that he was a project but now you use it as a crutch for his pretty bad play.

I actually thought Cam did really, really well last night. I was pretty impressed. His accuracy was fine. He had some misses, the most glaring was to Armanti that should have been a touchdown but that happens with everyone. BUt all in all he moved the ball pretty well and put us in position to score. All the while the coaches protecting him by not letting him run, or designing any runs, which they are going to do in the regular season I promise you.

If you watched the game last night and only thought "meh" you don't have a lot of credibility.

He is never going to be a Tom Brady type surgeon with his arm. But he doesn't have to be and once you realize you haven't seen the entire scope of how the offense is going to run with Cam under center and they didn't utilize all of the things he brings to the table as an offensive producer the sooner you will start to get excited about his future here in Carolina.

I don't know what you are expecting TRD. If you are suggesting that every one of his passes are going to be in between the numbers and hit every receiver in stride there isn't an accurate QB by your standards in the entire NFL because I just watched nearly every team play the last couple of days.

And since you have an obvious problem with completions that aren't accurate I am sure you in turn have given him credit to the couple of passes that were thrown on target but dropped, well defended, or in one case the receiver was held.

Also since you consider yourself one of the smarter posters on the board you probably know at least 4 passes were essentially throw away passes that were thrown low to prevent an interception.

The only two passes I saw that were not well thrown was the one when he missed Armanti in the end zone and a slant that probably should have been caught but was admittedly thrown a little behind the receiver.

Couple that with the fact that the entire Cam playbook was likely not on display yesterday I don't see a whole lot to be concerned about. As a matter of fact I am pretty excited.

I didn't read this whole thread, but I watched all of our game, and every play of Jake Locker's. I got killed for ranking him as the 2nd best player in the draft, but he looked alot better than Cam did tonight. Both played against 2nd teamers (and with 2nd teamers, that has an effect), and while Cam looked "ok" in my opinion, Locker looks special. Mallett looks pretty good as well.

It's preseason, but I'm having a good time laughing at the criticisms of the above QBs not named Cam by members of this board.

Give Jake his credit, but didn't see anything that made him better than Cam except for his one td.

But If we're going to super analyze Cam then let's do the same with Jake. A couple of Jakes those throws were a bit to high which cause the receiver to leap up to get them. Give credit to the receiver why don't you. Jake had some really good receivers from what I saw.

Archived