• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mallett/Gabbert/Cam/Ponder/Locker

TheRealDeal

Gabbert did awesome in my opinion.. if it weren't for 3 drops by his WRs then he would have went 12/16 for like 150 yards. I know there were no TDs but 75% comp is really impressive.. along with his decision making.

And a couple drops by the DBs and safeties as well. I thought he just looked okay but Jax looked terrible as a team.

Anyone think Cam is feeling the pressure after the performances that Mallett and Gabbert put on so far (moreso Mallett)?

Dude looked pretty damn good in his debut.

They will all be forever linked but do you think it adds pressure to Cam for his debut?

I see you've moved from direct hostility to passive-aggressive.

I'm excited to see both Cam and Jimmy's progressions, and i think it's totally reasonable to be disappointed in someones performance in preseason if they underperform. But I'm not going to judge the season for either of the guys based on the two or three series' they will get in this game.

Here's a question... will the coaches unleash cam or tell him to play it safe which has been the case in practice. Will he be allowed to make plays with his legs or tell him to focus on making his reads.

they likely allow him to run, but tell him to protect himself on those runs, in other words, dont run like The Golden Calf of Bristol did in last year's preseason game when Denver played the Bengals.

I think that Newton feels plenty of pressure to be the best he can be irrespective of how other guys do. He isn't comparing himself against other rookies. He is trying to be like Manning or Brady, the best in the game.

It will take time. You can't really read much into how Cam does this whole year. After all there are definitely other guys who are better passers than he is. He went number 1 because of his potential not because he was going to come out of the blocks the most polished. His upside is so much larger than most of the other guys, that they will likely not get much better after a season or two while Cam has the athleticism to keep improving.

Its easy to talk about, its easy to sum it up when you just talk about pre-season. We sittin' in here, Cam's supposed to be the franchise player, and we in here talkin' about pre-season. I mean listen, we talkin bout pre-season. Not the regular season, not the regular season, not the regular season. We talkin bout pre-season. Not the regular season, not the, not the, not the regular season that Cam's gonna go out there and die for, and plays every game like it's his last. Not the regular season. We talkin' bout pre-season, man. I mean how silly is that? We talkin' bout pre-season. I know Cam's supposed to be there, I know Cam's supposed to lead by example. I know that, and I'm not shovin' it aside, you know, like it don't mean anything. I know its important, I do. I honestly do. But we talkin' bout pre-season, man. What are we talkin' bout? Pre-season? We talkin' bout pre-season man. We talk... We talkin' bout pre-season. We talkin' bout pre-season. We ain't talkin' bout the regular season, we talkin' bout pre-season, man...

It's funny how Cam spoke of his position in his pecking order in his family. He's the number two kid in a sibling of three. And just like life, the the number two kid is usually expected to learn from the older sibling and excel beyond him/her. When I read so much folks epectations, some very unrealistic, for Cam, I can't help but see the irony in it all.

Anyway, no matter how nervous Cam may be today with all these expectations being fired at him and I'm sure he's placing on himself, I hope he goes out and have fun. I don't expect him to be as accurate as Mallett but I hope the good out weighs the bad and he's able to put some really good numbers up for the Panthers in the TD department even if the team don't win.

Archived