• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mallett/Gabbert/Cam/Ponder/Locker

TheRealDeal

am I missing something or did that video that was linked show like 4 gabbert plays total? lol

gabbert played very well for a rookie considering the amount of pressure thrown at him. I watched nearly all his plays (I missed a decent drive of his in the 2nd qtr) and I was impressed, but i'm a homer. :P

his numbers don't tell the whole story. He looks and plays the part. His footwork isn't perfect, but why would it be? He still looks fluid in his drops, but he's obviously most comfortable in the shotgun.

Wrong... the numbers DO tell the story.

That's almost half of all his completions (9/16). And those are the ones that made the news as Highlights. Makes you wonder if his other passes were horribly thrown balls that the WR brought down or if he was throwing shorter passes.

Nothing impressive, not bad.... just not impressive. The OP suggests otherwise.

I am going to ignore the OP and talk instead about myself.

I wasn't surprised at all about Mallett's play last night. I had him second on my QB list from this last draft and said many, many times he might end up being the best QB of the draft.

But before I pat myself too much on the back in regards to Mallett, Colt Brennan lit up his first preseason game too if I remember correctly.

Personally I have always felt like that if his personal demons are behind him (assuming they ever even existed in the first place) Mallett is going to be a stud in the NFL.

And I am even more confident in that prediction bc I feel he ended up in the perfect situation playing in NE.

And to answer the question posed by TRD I doubt there is any more pressure on Cam than just being the #1 pick in general.

That's almost half of all his completions (9/16). And those are the ones that made the news as Highlights. Makes you wonder if his other passes were horribly thrown balls that the WR brought down or if he was throwing shorter passes.

Nothing impressive, not bad.... just not impressive. The OP suggests otherwise.

well two of those passes were drops by the WRs so it would be 11 of 16, but i agree it wasnt impressive, it was just a typical rookie performance. if i am right, Bradford's first preseason game was similar.

and i noticed alot of people think Mallett was the 2nd best QB, i thought he had the best arm, but i am likely one of the few who thought Locker was the 2nd best QB.

Locker might be the best in the long run

or Dalton, who knows? Thats what makes this entire thread silly. After a total of four preseason games were played, people are already making huge assumptions. We'll see in 3 years, hopefully I will be cool enough by then not to be spending my time here.

or Dalton, who knows? Thats what makes this entire thread silly. After a total of four preseason games were played, people are already making huge assumptions. We'll see in 3 years, hopefully I will be cool enough by then not to be spending my time here.

No one is making assumptions, I just threw a question out there and everyone's insecurities about Cam took over.

It's like asking your wife what she had for lunch and her breaking down crying asking why you don't trust her. The reaction doesn't fit the question. She's hiding something.

No one is making assumptions, I just threw a question out there and everyone's insecurities about Cam took over.

It's like asking your wife what she had for lunch and her breaking down crying asking why you don't trust her. The reaction doesn't fit the question. She's hiding something.

Locker might be the best in the long run

prediction, assumption whatever the hell u want to call it just to disagree with somebody.

So how you handle that issue, by continuing to antagonize under the guise of just "asking a simple question."

I guess letting a discussion that isn't going anywhere go isn't your forte. Ur determine to do what????

Archived