• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mallett/Gabbert/Cam/Ponder/Locker

TheRealDeal

doubt cam cares... he'll do well or not based on... well, how well he can actually play, not how well those guys did, but man, yesterday both those rookies looked like they have bright, bright futures. I don't think Cam is the kind of guy to let how other players are playing influence him... I mean it's possible, but he was able to ignore all the NCAA stuff last year so I bet he's able to focus on his own game pretty well.

Gabbert looked very very good at times considering he was facing the #1s (ok only some of them, but still, haha). Some inconsistency, largely in the department of being off on the timing of routes with his receivers, but he has nice touch and a strong arm.

Mallet ripped the jags apart, but they weren't playing many starters at that point.

game was fun to watch in the first half, lol. The patriots decided they didn't want the ball and put it on the ground. The Jags might have 'won' the first half but someone in their secondary tried to pick up a fumble and run with it instead of diving on it, so the receiver recovered at the one. Ouch.

also watch NE rape someone from Hoyer now, lol

Their performances will not add to any pressure. The only Qb he has to worry about is Jimmy Clausen and himself. He's put pressure on himself from the beginning. If he can come out and light it up and continue through the season that would be great. If he comes out and looks like a rookie and makes mistakes, that's what preseason is for. I rather him learn from mistakes during preseason than learning from mistakes when it actually counts.

Mallet looked good. We already knew he could play. It was his mentality that prevented him from being a top pick. Gabbert looked ok. He made some nice plays, but he made some bad ones too. I saw him hit a cornerback dead in the chest with a pass, but was dropped. Still I don't expect none of these guys to look like elite quarterbacks yet, especially in their first preseason thread. These eager threads are going to be annoying as poo if the Dolphins suck and their message board is slow.

You fantasy football/madden nerds need to learn that the game isn't played on paper.

Holy fug

You are such a tool...

Gabbert's first completion was... dun dun dun...

Thrown off his back foot!!! Terrible throw. It looked like he was passing a basketball.

The second throw was still very poor mechanically and footwork wise.

Stats DO tell a story. QBs who play awesome games don't come out at the end with a 50% completion percentage.

LOL STATS....

tumblr_lg45unzdhV1qglv1yo1_400.jpg

Gabbert's first completion was... dun dun dun...

Thrown off his back foot!!! Terrible throw. It looked like he was passing a basketball.

The second throw was still very poor mechanically and footwork wise.

well do remember that he's coming from a spread offense in college so mechanics and footwork will be his issues he has to fix and i think he will, he didnt impress no, but he didnt embarass himself. it's not like he went out there and threw 3 interceptions.

and i dont like comparing Mallett to Gabbert because one had a tad bit more pressure than the other. Mallett has the best arm, we all know he has that, but his knocks on him are what happens when he's under pressure, he's got BAD mobility and of course, character concerns.

well do remember that he's coming from a spread offense in college so mechanics and footwork will be his issues he has to fix and i think he will, he didnt impress no, but he didnt embarass himself. it's not like he went out there and threw 3 interceptions.

and i dont like comparing Mallett to Gabbert because one had a tad bit more pressure than the other. Mallett has the best arm, we all know he has that, but his knocks on him are what happens when he's under pressure, he's got BAD mobility and of course, character concerns.

Gabbert played like a rookie in his first NFL action.

Doesn't mean he is going to be terrible, but his performance definitely didn't give Cam too high of a bar to reach, which was TRDs point to making this thread.

am I missing something or did that video that was linked show like 4 gabbert plays total? lol

gabbert played very well for a rookie considering the amount of pressure thrown at him. I watched nearly all his plays (I missed a decent drive of his in the 2nd qtr) and I was impressed, but i'm a homer. :P

his numbers don't tell the whole story. He looks and plays the part. His footwork isn't perfect, but why would it be? He still looks fluid in his drops, but he's obviously most comfortable in the shotgun.

Gabbert played like a rookie in his first NFL action.

Doesn't mean he is going to be terrible, but his performance definitely didn't give Cam too high of a bar to reach, which was TRDs point to making this thread.

he played like a rookie, that was easy to see, he had some nice throws and some that he wanted back. as for setting a bar, i dont think there is a set bar, the only bar that Newton wants to reach is to start for Carolina.

Archived