• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mallett/Gabbert/Cam/Ponder/Locker

TheRealDeal

Gabbert did awesome in my opinion.. if it weren't for 3 drops by his WRs then he would have went 12/16 for like 150 yards. I know there were no TDs but 75% comp is really impressive.. along with his decision making.

Not really pressure, but if there was any it would only be to the extent Cam can't wow people with his running ability. I don't think a single analyst would have called Cam a better pure passer than any of those guys. But he was drafted #1 because he was a decent passer + a freak athlete.

Those guys came out and put up solid performances and now it's Cam's turn.

Put it this way, if Cam doesn't show out, expect a few more "ESPN hates us and Cam" threads on Sunday morning.

I think it will be interesting to watch all of them throughout their careers considering how much debate their was and how we admittedly took the biggest risk for the possible biggest reward.

Mallett has/had upper first round talent and would have been taken early if he wasn't batpoo crazy/fuged in the head. The fact that he slid alllll the way into round three speaks volumes about his interviews/psych evals/background checks.

With more experience dropping back and being around the org and QB he is, I'm not that surprised he's sprinting out of the gate so far. He probably will look better than Newton for a while.

Hopefully just for a while, though.

Archived