• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tattoorhino's thoughts from practice tonight 8/10

tattoorhino

ok guys, here are few more items you might find interesting.

1. Our offense needs alot of work. I really like the different packages they are trying to install but lets face it right now. 3 weeks will not be enough no matter how hard they work. The good news is we do have some really exciting things that will score points provided we can get some constant consistency which isnt even close right now.

2. this has already been said a million times but it is worth repeating the Chicago Bears were IDIOTS to let Olsen go. The way he plays would have been worth a first round pick easy. He is playing with a chip on his shoulder bigger than Steve Smiths and I like it alot.

3. Ziembe played with the first squad in place of Otah and never missed a beat. He mauled everyone either side he was on and I am really impressed with him. I saw him block a guy 10 yards back past the play like the guy was a high school football player who's parents made him play.

4. Cam has a way to go but he will get there. Tonight may have been the worst I have ever seen him, but the cool thing was whenever he was out of the huddle whatever problem he had he was out working on it. He would throw until it was his time to go back in and he would be taking snap after snap if he fumbled a snap. The young man really just wants to get better and you have to appreciate and respect that.

5. Jimmy Clausen looked pretty decent all around to night and the real proof was with the crowd that was there tonight not one boo. As much as I would like to believe a classier group showed up I have to believe it was jimmy doing what he needed to. He will start in my opinion against the Giants.

6. Our defense is nasty. When we blitzed, Charles Johnson got to the qb almost everytime and from out of no where. Lots of crossing and misdirection and it was the most exciting I have seen our defense in a long time. We will be scoring some points this year on defense for sure. Fua and Irvin in the middle did a great job against the run and held the first string to almost NO yards. The LB's worked there butts off tonight and every night that I have watched them. They have a huge chip also and a foul taste in there mouth that only some really good hits on some opposing QBs will begin to satisfy. Matt Ryan and Drew Brees, the vanilla taste you have been used to will get you killed this year. Better study up guys unless you wanna be eating your meals through a straw. I love it!

7. Ok I have been hard on Lafelle lately but tonight he looked really good. If he could work that hard eveyday he would be #3, Naanee is a solid number 2 in my book and he looked great tonight. Made the best diving catch of the night with both feet in. I like that guy for sure.

8. Derek Anderson looked the most comfortable in the huddle and behind center tonight of all the QBs and made some great passes from the pocket. To me he just looks like ok here we go and he acts as if what the hell I got nothing to lose. But he was solid tonight.

9. We should be night and day different in special teams this year. I have never seen them work so long on punts and kicks in my life. And the coach doesnt let any of the slide. He works all of them and he works them hard. We should actually have pretty good field position this year for sure.

10. I really like Sutton. He is a blast to chat with and he is a pretty darn good back. I the we need a nickname for 4 backs because each of them is pretty darn good.

11. Goodson looks to be twice as fast after catching a punt than Armanti or Lafelle. Armanti seems to catch it with the best touch of any of them and I wouldnt worry one bit about him dropping anything. He did work his butt off during the off season and it shows back there.

12. I really enjoy watching Gaither fire everyone up. when the defense was making plays he was hooping and hollering and it seemed to keep them wanting more. He will be a great leader on game day and in the locker room.

If you have any questions ask me and if I remember or I didnt see it I will let you know. I will be back tomorrow night so follow me on twitter and youll get every play. @tattoorhino.

Have a great night Panther fans!

How are the safeties looking?

There's been heaps of talk about how bad the secondary is gonna be so I'm interested to see whether Godfrey and Martin are gonna step up this year now they've had a whole season together.

Does it seem like some of the mistakes Godfrey made last year were due to Marshall like some have suggested? I know it is probably too early to tell but just wondering if you noticed anything.

Rhino's the boss! I got some questions for you big fella:

1. What do you think the depth chart will look like at WR? 1. Smith, 2. Naanee, 3. LaFell?

2. How bad did the secondary look? Where do you think our defense will rank this year?

I think the safeties and corners look fine. They seem to get a interception or two every practice. The front line this year the defensive packages we are installing will make them better because we will really be getting some pressure on the qbs this year. They wont have 10 minutes in the pocket to pick us apart.

If Lafelle could be consistent he would be three for sure, but Armanti is looking really good to and has made some really nice catches also. Its gonna be a toss up between those two especially if Gettis knee is messed up.

Our defense is gonna be nasty for sure. Nothing vanilla about it. We arent playing to keep people from making large gains we are playing for them to make negative yards. Gonna be exciting.

Archived