• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clausen's potential

personal_foul

I don't agree he wasn't given a chance to improve, he had significant playing time, and if anything he regressed.

But I hear you, it'd be nice if he can become good enough that we can dump him for value.

I am a fuging idiot.

Jimmy is possibly never going to be anything more than one of those guys that just float around the NFL as a #3.

However, righting him off at this point in his carreer is pretty damn idiotic.

To claim that all you saw from him was regression, therefore he is never going to amount to anything is short-sighted. He was a rookie QB on a team that was never given a chance. SS himself said that his and D-wills talents were stifled in the offensive scheme that was run last year.

I understand that a lot of people on here are Panthers fans purely for the fact that Cam is on the team. So if Cam sits then you are going to have to wait and/or find some other team to watch this year. However, the better Clausen can become, the better Cam will become. Competition breeds ability.

i havent seen enough to make that call. Troy Aikman looked awful his rookie year, now dont confuse me and think that i think he's going to be great, i am just saying that stranger things have happened, i need to see more to grade him, i cant just give up on him after a rookie year where he had a coach whose offense that Smith has recently dissed on.

MW, there have been guys drafted/thrown into disasters who hit some bumps before succeeding in the NFL, but I honestly can't remember watching a guy who looks like he has no business on the field doing so.

And yeah Aikman was suckman his first year. Manning too. It had a different look though. I'm sure I'll get shredded for this.

Dude, how old are you? Do you honestly know what look Aikman's rookie year had? I'm 29 and can't remember what even Manning's first year looked like. What do you just sit in your room all day and study old game film or are you just talking out of your ass? I'm going with the latter.

Aikman I dunno, as for Manning he had a 70% passer rating or there so. For a rookie, is that bad? Thinking Manning had somewhere around the high 20's, maybe low 30's for touchdowns. However, I'm not to sure about interceptions. Maybe 15?

Oh yes, I was 8 when Manning rookie season and have only saw his stats maybe 3 times since then. Not that hard to remember.

Dude, how old are you? Do you honestly know what look Aikman's rookie year had? I'm 29 and can't remember what even Manning's first year looked like. What do you just sit in your room all day and study old game film or are you just talking out of your ass? I'm going with the latter.

Well DUDE he had 9TDs and 18 interceptions so this so called kid had it right smartass

For what it's worth, I take the stance that it's a new year and a new team. What happened in 2010 is a night sweat I'm glad to see behind us. If JC comes out and earns the top slot, good for him. If he drops the ball - either figuratively or literally - then that's on him, and there's a new kid behind him on the depth chart that will be aching for a shot. Heck, if all else fails, the "old man" DA could probably be a decent helmsman for an offense with as many weapons as ours will field this year. Until circumstances prove otherwise, I choose to be optimistic about how things are shaping up. That includes Jimmy Clausen at QB. After all, it's all up to him at this point, isn't it?

I will wait until Saturday night before I decide what to think this year. Jimmy was bad last year plain and simple. But this is a new year with a new scheme and new coaches so there is hope he can do something. Would I be betting a bunch on it?? Not really. But this is the time for hope when every team is undefeated and every quarterback hasn't thrown a single incompletion yet.

Great post

Archived