• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clausen's potential

personal_foul

I don't think Clausen has character issues in the sense that he has no moral turpitude or upbringing like some guys. The concerns were more that he was a narcissistic self centered guy that rubbed other folks the wrong way and wasn't a team player. Those kind of issues are often hard to change because that is his basic personality. On the other hand every thing I have read from interviews with him, suggests he is saying all the right things and really trying to fit in and be a positive team player this year. I guess time will tell.

No, but I also don't think he was given a chance to improve. That will change this year. And if he shows improvement this season another coach who thinks he can work with him will give him a chance and we get a pick, works out for everybody.

I don't think Clausen has character issues in the sense that he has no moral turpitude or upbringing like some guys. The concerns were more that he was a narcissistic self centered guy that rubbed other folks the wrong way and wasn't a team player. Those kind of issues are often hard to change because that is his basic personality. On the other hand every thing I have read from interviews with him, suggests he is saying all the right things and really trying to fit in and be a positive team player this year. I guess time will tell.

------------------

You mean like those narcisstic self-centered guys in our media.

What are the chances that two QBs who were labeled as having "character issues" by our media, would end up on the same team. I believe that Nolan guy from PFT who accused Cam of having a "fake smile" and being arrogant,in his defense, claimed he said the same thing about Clausen...So there you have it...Destiny I tell you.

No, but I also don't think he was given a chance to improve. That will change this year. And if he shows improvement this season another coach who thinks he can work with him will give him a chance and we get a pick, works out for everybody.

I don't agree he wasn't given a chance to improve, he had significant playing time, and if anything he regressed.

But I hear you, it'd be nice if he can become good enough that we can dump him for value.

Again, I couldn't give a turd about his character, I don't think he can play. And I think we've seen enough to make that call.

i havent seen enough to make that call. Troy Aikman looked awful his rookie year, now dont confuse me and think that i think he's going to be great, i am just saying that stranger things have happened, i need to see more to grade him, i cant just give up on him after a rookie year where he had a coach whose offense that Smith has recently dissed on.

hahaha as far as i know, Matt Schaub didnt cost what Kolb did and in my book what Philly did to Arizona should be considered robbery hahaha. a 2nd round pick is enough, but you throw in Rogers-Cromartie!!!! they would've been better giving up a 1st round pick. Schuab costs two 2nd round picks and swapping of 1st rounders which seems like a fair price.

Jimmy deserves another chance and as long as he's a Panther and doing his part he'll have my support.

Having two good QB's is never a problem, worst case in such is we pull an Atlanta or Philly and rape some team in a trade deal.

I'm thinking San Fran or Buffalo.

Archived