• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clausen's potential

personal_foul

honestly, i dont see what character issues he had last year, he was awful on the field last year, but he wasnt having character issues.

Yeah, I don't think there's any point in exploring character issues with Clausen - maybe he's a good guy, maybe not, I don't even care - what he's definately NOT is an NFL QB.

meh, he might me under appreciated now that cam has arrived. fans might overlook what he has to offer. true, a lot of veteran leadership left, there were tons of injuries, and the coaching staff threw in the towel in game 4. life's throws are always tough. but this is a big boy's game, and at the end of the day it comes down to whom is better. plain and simple. either jimmy pulls up his jock strap and man's up, or he loses out. no crying. it's dog eat dog.

I will wait until Saturday night before I decide what to think this year. Jimmy was bad last year plain and simple. But this is a new year with a new scheme and new coaches so there is hope he can do something. Would I be betting a bunch on it?? Not really. But this is the time for hope when every team is undefeated and every quarterback hasn't thrown a single incompletion yet.

Yeah, I don't think there's any point in exploring character issues with Clausen - maybe he's a good guy, maybe not, I don't even care - what he's definately NOT is an NFL QB.

i dont think Clausen is a The Golden Calf of Bristol type of guy, no dont get me wrong, but i think his character concerns last year were a tad bit overhyped. Ryan Mallett in my book had WORSE character issues. As for him definatley not being an NFL QB, i think it's too soon to say that about him, i usually give QBs 3 years before saying things about them. i gave Campbell 3 years in Washington before i declared him average at best and i will give Cam Newton 3 years before i judge him.

i dont think Clausen is a The Golden Calf of Bristol type of guy, no dont get me wrong, but i think his character concerns last year were a tad bit overhyped. Ryan Mallett in my book had WORSE character issues. As for him definatley not being an NFL QB, i think it's too soon to say that about him, i usually give QBs 3 years before saying things about them. i gave Campbell 3 years in Washington before i declared him average at best and i will give Cam Newton 3 years before i judge him.

Again, I couldn't give a turd about his character, I don't think he can play. And I think we've seen enough to make that call.

Archived