• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clausen's potential

personal_foul

I know my opinion doesn't mean much on this board. I know most will probably rip me for saying this.

Jimmy Clausen was the best pure passer I've ever seen in college football his senior year. His earlier years, you could see his potential shine through here and there, but his senior year was amazing. Full command of the offense, pinpoint accuracy, and great decision making.

His rookie year with Carolina, he was terrible, much like his freshman year of college. However, I don't think so many should write him off in the NFL so soon. Maybe his skills will never translate to the NFL, but his rookie year was not a good sample set to go off. His coaches didn't believe in him and he was thrown in the mix after a veteran QB couldn't do any better with this team. He was the 1st rookie QB to start games with rookie WRs on both sides in NFL history. His OL was injury-stricken and awful in pass protection. He had no TE to speak of to throw to. Steve Smith...injured, D Williams...injured. All of the veteran leadership was traded away before the season. The coaching staff mailed it in after deeming Matt Moore the starter and that didn't work out. Also, Jimmy was coming off surgery to repair a torn ligament in his foot. All this while dealing with constant media torment about sliding in the draft and having "character" issues (which were largely from hype surrounding his limo at his commitment to ND which he had no part of setting up).

Anyway, I'm not comparing him to any other QBs on or off the Carolina roster, I'm just saying the kid can be the QB we hoped he would still.

Hidden

I know my opinion doesn't mean much on this board. I know most will probably rip me for saying this.

Jimmy Clausen was the best pure passer I've ever seen in college football his senior year. His earlier years, you could see his potential shine through here and there, but his senior year was amazing. Full command of the offense, pinpoint accuracy, and great decision making.

His rookie year with Carolina, he was terrible, much like his freshman year of college. However, I don't think so many should write him off in the NFL so soon. Maybe his skills will never translate to the NFL, but his rookie year was not a good sample set to go off. His coaches didn't believe in him and he was thrown in the mix after a veteran QB couldn't do any better with this team. He was the 1st rookie QB to start games with rookie WRs on both sides in NFL history. His OL was injury-stricken and awful in pass protection. He had no TE to speak of to throw to. Steve Smith...injured, D Williams...injured. All of the veteran leadership was traded away before the season. The coaching staff mailed it in after deeming Matt Moore the starter and that didn't work out. Also, Jimmy was coming off surgery to repair a torn ligament in his foot. All this while dealing with constant media torment about sliding in the draft and having "character" issues (which were largely from hype surrounding his limo at his commitment to ND which he had no part of setting up).

Anyway, I'm not comparing him to any other QBs on or off the Carolina roster, I'm just saying the kid can be the QB we hoped he would still.

v7wnsg.jpg

I meant his last year at ND, why don't you check my spelling too smart guy

I'm sorry, I didn't know I was supposed to assume your thoughts wouldn't match what you type. My fault I suppose.

P.S. Your spelling is fine, but your sentence structure needs some work. Have a good one.

I was HIGHLY impressed with his final season of college.

Thought we had a STEAL in the second round.

Im not ready to write him off just yet.

He needs to tweek his throwing motion imo. Its to side ways. That will lower the number of passes hitting the linemen.

He will improve from the change in coaching and scheme alone.

He has potential to be a legit starter imo.

Archived