• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just some thoughts on our current NT situation

Fiz

McClain is going to be a very good player, but that still doesn't solve our situation at the 0-1 tech.. McClain is a straight up 3 tech. The NT position is still a question mark. Corvey Irvin can play both techs but McClain can not. Fua is another who can play the Nose, but I haven't heard raving reviews or anything.

carolinagrowl Sione Fua said he's mostly running with the starters at NT, but now splitting time with Andre Neblett and Tommie Duhart.

carolinagrowl DT Sione Fua, who looked very good at Fan Fest, said he's put on about 10 pounds since college and is up to 320.

carolinagrowl Sione Fua (6-2, 320) said his father George is two inches taller than him and weighs about 100 pounds more than him. Played college ball.

could be the NT rotating in the most.

If I remember correctly, didn't Jordan Carstens play the NT. He was a smaller guy for the position but ended up being more than serviceable while KJ was out for two years.

It isn't always about size. Not any fat guy can be productive. And smaller wide shoulder guys like a Carstens can have success. Hayden actually has the width and speed but has lacked lower body strength in the past and ended up getting pushed around.

JNashty88 Jeff Nash Jr by TheKurb

“@SoftliSTL: ESPN NFL - Panthers DT Ron Edwards likely out at least 2 months with a torn triceps muscle” Damn, I hope it's only 2 months

If it is only 2 months then he will only miss 4 games, but hopefully by then we won't need him if u believe all of the hype with Irvin/Mcclain/Fua.

Archived