• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Motorola PhoneTools...?

PanthersAlv

Has anyone else ever used this program for the Motorola phones?

My Razr (yeah, it's old) the screen just went black on it, and it's over 2 years old, and I have no "insurance" on it... So, I can't get it fixed without spending some cash I guess.

Anyway... I downloaded this program "Motorola PhoneTools" and it allows you to edit your photos, and ringtones, and also backup your contacts and calendars to your Outlook. Back up and restore features and the whole nine.

Along with it, it also allows you to connect to the internet like a Phone service wireless cell adaptor... (Tho, I don't know if there's a charge for it... I'm sure there is) You can send adn receive calls while connected to your PC (use a blutooth and all is well)... keeps your phone charged/charges it while it's connected to your PC.

There's a whole bunch of stuff it you can do with it, and all it took was a download adn install, and a USB cord.

Has anyone else ever used this stuff? I assumed it was out there, but didn't know it was available to the public.

It's always been available but previously they charged for it. You got it on a free download? It's been about 4 years since I had a Motorola. I did use it to make some ring tones from mp3's back then.

I downloaded it from a site and I wasn't charged at all.

I was told on the site it was like 39 bucks. but, no charge that I saw. Didn't have to register it or anything.

I'm going to get a new phone soon... but, I wanted to get my contacts from my phone.

all the rest is a cool bonus I prolly won't use much at all.

Only decent thing Motorola had as far as I'm concerned.

I've had only Motorola Phones mostly... and until now never had a problem. Along with my Cingular/AT&T service... the same thing.

I mean, as it is, I just took my SIM card out of my phone and placed it in one of the "GO" phones, and I'm up and running again. Just with a cheap phone... until I pay up my bill and get an upgrade.

I have this program and have used it for about 2 years. I used to have a krzr that I used it for. I was never charged for it either. Pretty good tool to have for motos seeing how it allows you to save contacts, edit songs for ring tones, and save pictures/videos.

Archived