• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's accuracy

personal_foul

His main area of concern re: accuracy was with throws over 20 yards. He was at 34.5 for his first eight games and improved to to 57.1 over his last 6 under a substantial amount of attention and exposure.

Consider also that that was his first year in Malzahn's offense and he made a big jump from JuCo to the SEC. He improved in almost every metric as the year progressed.

Accuracy is more than completion %. Go Tigers.

sure it is. you've got 14 games to get these awful throws from but i'd be more than willing to bet that you can't/won't post three poorly thrown deep balls. the worst deep pass that i saw him throw all season was the hail mary aginst USC in the SEC CG. fwiw, it still counted as 6 points.

Well... this thread is about to go to Youtube hell.

yeah. that's why you reposted the video of all of those throws. it's been posted sooooo many times that it was easy for you to find. oh wait, you never posted anything in this youtube hell thread, did you?

you're right about accuracy being more than comp pct, though. i'm pretty sure that he led the nation in YPPA last year. feel free to tell us how he sucks in that dept too and never actually threw a pass that went more than 5 yards beyond the LOS.

It's been posted before...he made more than 3 bad deep throws all year.

sure it is. you've got 14 games to get these awful throws from but i'd be more than willing to bet that you can't/won't post three poorly thrown deep balls. the worst deep pass that i saw him throw all season was the hail mary aginst USC in the SEC CG. fwiw, it still counted as 6 points.

FYI - I'm on your side of the argument about Cam's accuracy.

The Youtube hell is just a comment harking back to the pre-draft arguments about Cam on here.

On throws over 0 yards, his accuracy drops significantly, indicating that his numbers are inflated by easy throws a 3rd grader could make.

Zone coverage is when you need to be accurate to fit the ball into tight windows but his numbers are significantly worse when facing zones.

Spin away.

Archived