• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's accuracy

personal_foul

20 something teams passed on The Golden Calf of Bristol, if we passed on Cam, he wouldn't of made it out of the top 5. .....

Lol, FWIW I think that's a horrible argument to prove anything. If San Diego didn;t draft Ryan Leaf I'm sure he wouldn't have fell out of the Top of the draft.... If Oakland didn;t draft JR I am sure he wouldn't have made it out the top of the draft...

Being drafted early or #1 does not mean you are going to be a good or accurate QB.

Will Cam's accuracy be a concerned? I don't know. I think it is to early to tell. We need time watching him play on Sundays to be able to get a better feel for what we have in Cam and his potential to lead us to a Super Bowl.

That is true but since I have been here you have always criticized those who think he is going to be a damn good QB in the NFL.

To be fair you are lumping yourself in wiht people like TCF.

I rarely criticize you, but rather the content of your posts.

People don't comment on mine, they comment on me.

They have nothing to say, can't have intelligent debates (most are from the south so it's not their fault), so they pull out the same recycled Matt Moore joke even though he's not here anymore.

I'd love to support Cam, he's just given me no reason to.

I love how people post from practice:

"His accuracy was great, except for that ball that hit 10 feet in front of the receiver, the deep balls he underthrew pretty badly, the deep balls he overthrew, and the lack of touch causing him to miss receivers. It's all timing and velocity, I SWEAR none of it is accuracy related."

I knew someone would drop the college accuracy stats without comparing throws <0 and >0.

I also love how people's only response is about Moore.

He is gone, get over it. You are stuck with Cam. Stop focusing on Moore and get more excuses ready for the preseason, season, next preseason, etc

His main area of concern re: accuracy was with throws over 20 yards. He was at 34.5 for his first eight games and improved to to 57.1 over his last 6 under a substantial amount of attention and exposure.

Consider also that that was his first year in Malzahn's offense and he made a big jump from JuCo to the SEC. He improved in almost every metric as the year progressed.

Archived