• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's accuracy

personal_foul

I'm not speaking on it.

When someone tells me he underthrew receivers, had trouble sailing balls, bounced some but was really accurate I get skeptical.

So you heard about the incomplete passes, but you chose to ignore when people talked about him hitting Armanti with a nice pass and Gettis catching a few good ones as well?

So you heard about the incomplete passes, but you chose to ignore when people talked about him hitting Armanti with a nice pass and Gettis catching a few good ones as well?

No, I expect that.

NFL QBs complete passes, especially against air or with no rush.

Cam has worked out all summer, even with our own receivers, so he should be ahead of the curve. He knows all the routes in the playbook and where all his receivers should be.

Remember, he had 90% of the playbook DOWN a few weeks ago, probably near 98% now.

I also don't expect his "accuracy" to go to poo when they do 11 on 11. Has he never seen a defense before? Never stood in there with a rush coming?

No, I expect that.

Cam has worked out all summer, even with our own receivers, so he should be ahead of the curve. He knows all the routes in the playbook and where all his receivers should be.

Remember, he had 90% of the playbook DOWN a few weeks ago, probably near 98% now.

I also don't expect his "accuracy" to go to poo when they do 11 on 11. Has he never seen a defense before? Never stood in there with a rush coming?

You keep Cam's name out of your ***** mouth. The AFC is thataway.:cuss:

I'm not speaking on it.

When someone tells me he underthrew receivers, had trouble sailing balls, bounced some but was really accurate I get skeptical.

Plus what I've seen of him, I KNOW he's not accurate.

Plus I don't have his dick in my mouth so his bellybutton isn't clouding my vision like most everyone here.

Here's to Derek Anderson being our only hope :cheers2:

Underthrowing and sailing balls can very easily be attributed to timing. Until you understand how fast your receivers are and then account the distance of the throw, the angle at which the throw has to be made, and which side the ball must be thrown on, it is very easy to miss-time it. Could it be flat out inaccuracy? Sure. But it shouldn't be taken as anything YET. For now, we HAVE to assume that it is just a timing issue. If he does this over the course of the season and shows no improvement, then it is an accuracy issue. Reps are the only thing that can fix it, and he hasn't had many.

Also, route confusion can be attributed for bouncing balls and throws not being close. When you're learning a playbook and you think a slant is supposed to be a double move back outside, these things happen. When watching practice, these are the things I take in. Whenever Cam missed, he immediately looked at the receiver and the QB coach and Rivera, pointed to himself and explained (from what I could tell) what he thought. Then the coach explained further to make sure Cam was clear.

Of course, you could be write. The only way to know is to wait until about mid-way through the season. And by then, after some wins, you'll be singing another tune.

And other people will defend him to the death for nothing.

I don't always criticize Cam. He has a great physique.

That is true but since I have been here you have always criticized those who think he is going to be a damn good QB in the NFL.

We will find out soon enough.

But your constant immature antagonistic behavior toward the people who have the audacity to be excited about a QB selected #1 overall is getting very tired and I am not sure why you think it is clever or intelligent in any way.

But hey if it makes you feel better, or smart, or gives you a confidence boost... meh whatever.

prove it. i watched him play in every single game last year. he's extremely accurate on his deep passes. if you have any video evidence of him over/under throwing WRs on deep passes, feel free to post it.

McNabb was in a completely different offense.

The bolded part is just outrageous.

Okay, so ignoring game tape and context and looking at stats, he's accurate.

Including game tape and context of stats, he's inaccurate.

I watched every Auburn game last season (and since 2004) that I have had accessible to me except the LSU game last year (went to the Clemson/GT game that day). Cam progressed game-to-game last year and made some amazing throws. Look at the SEC championship. Look at the Bama game. Look at Miss State. Really, any game. He only had, I think, 2 bad passing games, and those were because of a couple poor decisions where he didn't play bad otherwise.

No, I expect that.

well most reports confirm he looks better than Clausen....just 2 days in and missing tons of prep most QBs got in nonlockout seasons. What more do you want?

Archived