• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's accuracy

personal_foul

I have to admit that I don't understand what this thread is about.

What is the OP basing his analysis of accuracy issues on? Cam's accuracy at Auburn last year was very good, and that is about the only thing we have to measure him by. He was 3rd in the SEC among qbacks with more than a 100 throws. Are you basing that off the pro-day crap. If so, that stuff is nearly useless. Its more of a media event than anything.

I am firmly in the wait and see camp on Cam, but I certainly don't see anything which allows us to say he has accuracy issues at this point.

I love how people post from practice:

"His accuracy was great, except for that ball that hit 10 feet in front of the receiver, the deep balls he underthrew pretty badly, the deep balls he overthrew, and the lack of touch causing him to miss receivers. It's all timing and velocity, I SWEAR none of it is accuracy related."

I knew someone would drop the college accuracy stats without comparing throws <0 and >0.

I also love how people's only response is about Moore.

He is gone, get over it. You are stuck with Cam. Stop focusing on Moore and get more excuses ready for the preseason, season, next preseason, etc

I didn't start this thread based on 2 rookie camp reports, but based on Cam's college career and predraft workouts to this point. His accuracy in not good compared to many NFL level QBs let alone the 1st pick overall. Hopefully it will improve is all I'm saying.

To the stat posters, you can have a high completion % in college and not be nearly NFL accurate

That is true, but in this case that high completion percentage is all we have to go on. Anything else is just an opinion with no basis in fact. And its not just a high completion percentage, he also had a high average yards per pass. I don't see a shred of evidence to suggest that he has accuracy problems.

That is true, but in this case that high completion percentage is all we have to go on. And its not just a high completion percentage, he also had a high average yards per pass. I don't see a shred of evidence to suggest that he has accuracy problems.

It's called game tape and context.

"His accuracy was great, except for that ball that hit 10 feet in front of the receiver, the deep balls he underthrew pretty badly, the deep balls he overthrew, and the lack of touch causing him to miss receivers. It's all timing and velocity, I SWEAR none of it is accuracy related."

I knew someone would drop the college accuracy stats without comparing throws <0 and >0.

Your butthurt is no longer clever or endearing. Take a couple plays off champ.

As someone who is also not at camp why are you of any authority to speak on it yourself??

Your butthurt is no longer clever or endearing. Take a couple plays off champ.

As someone who is also not at camp why are you of any authority to speak on it yourself??

I'm not speaking on it.

When someone tells me he underthrew receivers, had trouble sailing balls, bounced some but was really accurate I get skeptical.

Plus what I've seen of him, I KNOW he's not accurate.

Plus I don't have his dick in my mouth so his bellybutton isn't clouding my vision like most everyone here.

Here's to Derek Anderson being our only hope :cheers2:

He is gone, get over it. You are stuck with Cam. Stop focusing on Moore and get more excuses ready for the preseason, season, next preseason, etc

You need help dude.

It's called game tape and context.

Its also called opinion and bias. I watched Matt Ryan play many games in college, and it would be easy to pull game tape of him that showed him to be inaccurate.

I am not a Cam supporter (but then I am not a supporter of any college QBack until they prove something at the NFL level).

But the original poster seemed made a statement that Cam was inaccurate as if it were accepted fact. But in truth, its just an opinion with little or no basis in fact.

I love how the same old whiners and bitchers keep playing the same old worn out tune over and over. They take a few instances at camp and decide that Cam is not going to do well based on what they already beleive. They say that college stats don't count and then base their arguments on what they saw last year or months ago all under the guise of game tape and context. When that doesn't work they say they are a self proclaimed expert and have seen themselves.

I guess they will get ready with the attacks, making mountains out of molehills and continuing to saying they support him while constantly looking for things to criticize.

I love how the same old whiners and bitchers keep playing the same old worn out tune over and over. They take a few instances at camp and decide that Cam is not going to do well based on what they already beleive. They say that college stats don't count and then base their arguments on what they saw last year or months ago all under the guise of game tape and context. When that doesn't work they say they are a self proclaimed expert and have seen themselves.

I guess they will get ready with the attacks, making mountains out of molehills and continuing to saying they support him while constantly looking for things to criticize.

And other people will defend him to the death for nothing.

I don't always criticize Cam. He has a great physique.

Archived