• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's accuracy

personal_foul

Can I end this thread now?

None of us know how accurate Cam is or will be, but it is pretty safe to say he will never be Peyton Manning accurate. Neither is Big Ben, Favre, or a number of other QB's that took their teams to the SB and won. 50 pages for this thread is getting embarrassing. No one is going to change anyone else's mind, so dont waste your time trying to do it.

50 pages? You being on noob settings is what's embarrassing

You said you didn't want to talk about his lack of accuracy anymore.

Just because other people lack the ability to understand basic concepts (especially those relating to football) doesn't mean we should stop trying to teach them.

If that were the case, Georgia wouldn't have a public education system.

I don't understand what people that think Vick's throw was accurate do or say when they are watching games.

"Listen babe, our team is in the black and turquoise costumes and today we are facing the Boston Patriots. I really hope we come out fired up for this match and win a lot of touchdowns today!"

"Jeez, every time the judges handkerchief falls out, he has to come on the microphone and announce it, such an attention *****"

"Shucks, we only lost to the Patriots by 3 runs, maybe next year"

considering the only thing Vick did was move to the left, then anyone with legs could have extended that play and underthrown the hell out of the ball.

Yes, it's nice to have a QB who can escape pressure. however, that doesn't make up for piss poor accuracy. especially when guys like Eli Manning are being tagged an "escape artist"..

After watching Clausen play last year, I can't believe you would undervalue pocket presence, and being able to elude pressure. I know Vick makes it look pretty easy on said play, but there was a real threat of being sacked. A lot of QB's panic with a slight bit of pressure. The Clausen of last year, would've either been sacked, or would've escaped the pocket, just to throw it away.

I'm not trying to argue how accurate every single pass a QB makes is/isn't. I'm just simply stating that, with the athleticism the receivers of today possess, sometimes putting them in position to be able to make a play, is just as important. And that's what Vick & Eli both did!

Oh, and Jake made a living doing that as well, with the number of passes he just heaved up to Smitty. Us fans would call it luck, but these QB's build a rapport with their receivers thru numerous hours of practice.

Just a thought, but I wonder how passes like the "back shoulder fade" came about, which is really just a under thrown ball. Hmmmmmm

Can I end this thread now?

It probably should be closed because no one is actually talking about nor making any real attempt to discuss Cam's accuracy.

Although, its quite entertaining to watch TRD construct a strawman argument.

How many people have even said that Vick's pass was accurate?

Yet TRD is pretending as if there's a ground swell of people that have said Vick's throw was accurate.

Lol,

I am not going to worry about Cam's accuracy too much until about 2014. We didn't draft him to win a SB this year we drafted him to be our franchise QB going into the future.

Instead of worrying about the plays he doesn't make I am excited about the explosive plays he will make and getting pumped about the future of our franchise.

After watching Clausen play last year, I can't believe you would undervalue pocket presence, and being able to elude pressure. I know Vick makes it look pretty easy on said play, but there was a real threat of being sacked. A lot of QB's panic with a slight bit of pressure. The Clausen of last year, would've either been sacked, or would've escaped the pocket, just to throw it away.

so you're now making an argument about whether I realize the importance of pocket presence and scrambling ability, when the topic at hand is accuracy. really? lucky for you I'll address both..

I'm not trying to argue how accurate every single pass a QB makes is/isn't. I'm just simply stating that, with the athleticism the receivers of today possess, sometimes putting them in position to be able to make a play, is just as important. And that's what Vick & Eli both did!

1st, read the thread title and try again.

2nd, it is NOT called "playmaking ability" when the QB throws the ball BACK INTO COVERAGE after the receiver already BEAT the coverage.

3rd, what you are watching from Vick on that video is called a STANDARD ROLLOUT. he DID NOT evade tackles, he avoided pressure. If you've seen Clausen play, he does this all the f**king time.

Oh, and Jake made a living doing that as well, with the number of passes he just heaved up to Smitty. Us fans would call it luck, but these QB's build a rapport with their receivers thru numerous hours of practice.

Just a thought, but I wonder how passes like the "back shoulder fade" came about, which is really just a under thrown ball. Hmmmmmm

trying to use the "back shoulder fade" as an excuse for Vick to throw into coverage after his receiver already beat coverage is one of the worst takes I've ever heard on this forum..

-----------

for the record, I agree with you on your premise, however irrelevant it may be in regards to that particular video of Vick...

How many people have even said that Vick's pass was accurate?

as mentioned just above.. Vick threw the ball INTO coverage after the receiver BEAT coverage.

it would only take someone who doesn't eat paste and sniff markers to figure out that wasn't accurate..

as mentioned just above.. Vick threw the ball INTO coverage after the receiver BEAT coverage.

it would only take someone who doesn't eat paste and sniff markers to figure out that wasn't accurate..

Lol, what are you TRD alter ego?

Does it bother you in the slightest that you response has nothing to do with my opinion?

Only a complete moron fabricates someone elses position then argues against it.

Surely you aren't one of those types of posters?

I misread your post.. considering I am in a current "discussion" with a fuging idiot who thinks Vick's pass was, "in fact", accurate.. so, no, doesn't really bother me..

as I mentioned, read the post above.. you will gain a little context..

All you have to do is read this webpage if you want to know how well Cam threw the ball in college.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/01/sec_football_by_the_numbers_ca_1.html

His stats in college speak for itself. College performance doesn't always translate to the NFL, but it sure does give you some BIG HINTS. Cam played in the toughest conference in college football (the SEC) and nobody could stop him the 2010 entire season ... against very good competition.

Watch the Auburn-Alabama game and you'll see how Cam can bring a team back from disaster and pull off a huge win in a very difficult environment (playing on the road in Alabama's home stadium). Let's hope that Cam can continue to be a "comeback kid" for Carolina his whole career ... like Joe Montana, Tom Brady, or Big Ben ... a guy you can never count out until the last seconds tick off in the 4th quarter.

Archived