• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's accuracy

personal_foul

I've not seen the play for a while, but I'm pretty sure Stewart turned back to Clausen and basically said "Bitch, I'm open, throw me the ball!"

Not every pass can be picture perfect. The QB got the ball to one of his playmakers in space without selling him out. That's a good play in my book.

I understand what you're saying but not every good play needs to come from a good pass, even if it is a good play in the passing game.

I wouldn't call that ball a hallmark of Clausen's accuracy, for instance, but he did have some nice throws last year but yeah... no point in rehashing clausen at this point, we'll see how he has improved tomorrow.

Why do you think the safety, sad you don't even know that much, was able to pull his arm down? Is it because the throw was so bad that Cooper had to stop and jump for it?

Had it been a good throw, he walks into the endzone and the safety isn't a factor.

I'm starting to think you guys are fuging with me. No one can honestly believe it was good.

The safety (I was paying attention to the catch, sorry for not knowing whether it was a corner or a safety :0) got to him because Vick wasn't leading Cooper with the throw, plus, the safety would've been able there to make the tackle anyways.

I understand what you're saying but not every good play needs to come from a good pass, even if it is a good play in the passing game.

I wouldn't call that ball a hallmark of Clausen's accuracy, for instance, but he did have some nice throws last year but yeah... no point in rehashing clausen at this point, we'll see how he has improved tomorrow.

Indeed. I wasn't arguing it was his greatest play ever, just that he got the job done on that pass. It wasn't pretty, but his receiver wasn't laid out to dry and he got the ball into the endzone.

If he does all these things... no biggie. There are still 3 more Preseason games and lots of practicing left. It will give them some NFL tape to give him to study.

I agree, it isn't a big deal. He's a project, he'll make mistakes. I don't expect him to be perfect. He's got a ton of ground to cover, a huge offense to master.. so I'm not worried, and I hope he plays well. But I don't expect him to at all, though I do expect to see flashes of why he went #1 overall. If not... lots of preseason to go, and we'll probably see plenty more of Jimmy in the regular season too... not a big deal, hopefully he can up his trade value :p

Indeed. I wasn't arguing it was his greatest play ever, just that he got the job done on that pass. It wasn't pretty, but his receiver wasn't laid out to dry and he got the ball into the endzone.

this is all that matters. I dont give a fug if he throws off his pinky toe as long as it ends positively.

I expect a rookie who has had a few short weeks to train with his team to play like a rookie who has had a few short weeks to train with his team.

Will he make mistakes? No doubt in my mind. I expect it.

Will he throw a pick? Probably. We just lost our most promisng 2nd year WR, and our Star Starting WR has an injury. This game will be about learning timing in a game time scenario.

Will he throw off his back foot? Yeah. He will. Even Manning and Brady do from time to time when trying to avoid a sack, or a play can be made faster than they can set up fully for.

If he does all these things... no biggie. There are still 3 more Preseason games and lots of practicing left. It will give them some NFL tape to give him to study.

But lets say he doesn't do any of those things? What then?

I'll reiterate what Rivera said about him near the start of camp.... "Wow!"

This is a great assessment about Cam, good work! So haters what would you say?

September 11, 2011 Cam will be the starter.

What? Vick ran out of the pocket so he could throw, and he did throw really good. If he would have passed earlier Cooper would have gotten some yards after the catch but the safety or corner was still there and still would've brought him down.

Also, the corner (or safety) pulled down on Coopers arm which is why he fell the way he did. Had nothing to do with the pass. The pass, was a great one. :|

dude.. Vick underthrew the f**k out of that ball. Cooper doesn't slow down because the ball is overthrown.

matter of fact, Cooper is 95% responsible for that being a catch.

if I blame JC for anything, it's not anticipating the throw and hitting Stew in stride during the initial route. major f**k up..

as Stewart is literally standing there, between a gap in coverage, Clausen's target is the bread basket..

he could have then lead Stewart with the pass, but I'm not sure Stew would have expected that after he sat down between coverage.

It was 26 yards, he threw it 3 yards behind him.

I expect an NFL QB to be able to throw it 26 yards accurately.

Stew literally caught it like a punt, he turned around 180 degrees, was facing clausen, and caught it with his two arms like a basket.

If you don't see what's wrong with that throw then you have no hope as a football fan and you are dismissed.

It's about making plays, not throwing a perfect pass every time. Same goes with Vick's throw yesterday. Oh, and Eli won a Super Bowl throwing a pass off his back foot.

I expect a rookie who has had a few short weeks to train with his team to play like a rookie who has had a few short weeks to train with his team.

Will he make mistakes? No doubt in my mind. I expect it.

Will he throw a pick? Probably. We just lost our most promisng 2nd year WR, and our Star Starting WR has an injury. This game will be about learning timing in a game time scenario.

Will he throw off his back foot? Yeah. He will. Even Manning and Brady do from time to time when trying to avoid a sack, or a play can be made faster than they can set up fully for.

But lets say he doesn't do any of those things? What then?

I'll reiterate what Rivera said about him near the start of camp.... "Wow!"

Nothing else to add but an exclamation point!!!

Archived