• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's accuracy

personal_foul

Part I

Passing Chart:

KEY:

OT: (+/-)on time/in rhythm

TAR- (+/-) on target catchable ball (above the waist not above the shoulders within arm's length)

IS- (+/-) in stride

**Good plays/NFL ability in Bolded in Orange

Sienna color negative plays

1) Shotgun Play Action then Pump Fake WR screen left-(plenty of time in a clean pocket) then hits the right side WR on a deep Slant-Seam route. OT+ TAR+ IS+ from Auburn's 15 yd line to USC's 25 yard a 40+ yard through w/ ease good footwork nice release

^^^This play does not appear in youtube cut-up^^^

2) Shotgun-has all day stays in the pocket reads through his progressions shuffles left keeps his eyes down field and throws on the run goofy footed/fading back arm throw but OT+ TAR+ IS n/a

3) Shotgun escapes sack starts to scramble up the middle with his eyes downfield spots the RB and makes a nifty shovel pass flick to the RB:50s

4) Shotgun 2 step drop clean footwork throws in rhythm sideline hitch left OT+ TAR+ IS+ quick release ball got there in a hurry

5) Shotgun takes off jukes the hell out of the spy gains 14+ yards gets down to avoid hit-great run

6) Shotgun PA-evades sack scrambles right keeps eyes upfield hits 10 sideline pass OT+ TAR+ IS n/a throws on the run goofy foot again (off his right leg) but makes an accurate

7) Shotgun PA zone read QB draw powers through 2 tackles for the TD

8) Shotgun PA half roll out- pressure in the face- makes nice touch pass on TE drag left to right OT+ TAR+ IS+ 2:24s

9) Shotgun Pump n Go right sideline vs all out blitz picked up beautifully- delivers OT+ TAR+ IS+

to wide open Darvin Adams TD!

...from Auburn 35 to their 30 about a 40 yard throw on a line w/ late pressure closing in 2:37s

**10) Shotgun drop backs hits left WR on a 12 yd comeback OT+ TAR+ IS+ ball got there in a hurry

11) Shotgun PA swing pass OT+ TAR+ IS+

12-13) 2 designed QB runs= 1st down

14) Under Center PA evades sacks by juking DL in the backfield keeps eyes upfield hits RB on swing/flat right OT+ TAR+ IS+

15) Shotgun-dash right no pressure keeps eyes downfield, pressure comes throws a shuffle/scramble throws goofy foot fading away arm pass OT+ OT- IS- 3:13s

16) Shotgun PA sideline WR hitch left OT+ TAR+ IS

17) Shotgun PA sideline WR hitch right OT+ TAR+ IS+

18) Shotgun dash right from their 45 to the 3 yards deep in the endzone steps into uncorks it looks like he had plenty of arm left (50+ yard throw) TD

19) Pistol WR screen L

20) Pistol slot comeback OT+ TAR+ IS+

21) Shotgun PA feels and avoids pressure scrambles effortlessly to his left for a 20 yard gain (this run was Randall Cunninghamesque)

**22) (Plenty of time/clean pocket) Shotgun straight drop back-maintains good helmet discipline down the center of the field until the last second when he looks/pivots left and hits a WR that beat the CB on and out and up and Cam beat the Safety w/ the good eye discipline and throw (from the 50 to the 10 40 yd throw w/ ease) OT+ TAR+ IS+ 4:22s

23) Shotgun zone read QB dive trucks the LB for a TD

24) Shotgun zone read keeper runs left full speed jump-cut to pick up the 1st down nice play -gifted open field runner 5:38

25) Shotgun Pump & Go (clean pocket) slot wheel route right steps up throws OT+ TAR+ IS+

For this game:

Instincts+Intuition- 4 made plays no mistakes fumbles/ints

Competitiveness -4

Arm Strength -5 (self evident)

Complete Inventory of passes -5

Quick Delivery -4

Touch- 3 (judging from stats here b/c the incompletions weren't shown but 17/28 w/ 60.7% likely includes some mistakes/missed a few throws)

Read defense -3 (offense didn't require much reading of coverages but executed the offense and made his progressions made good decisions)

Mobility+Avoidance -5

Function while injured - N/A

Not easily rattled-4

Spontaneous decision/play making -5

Look in this post and see how many times you gave him a (-) somewhere.

I'll sum it up for you..2. You gave him 2 (-) and guess how many (+)? 40

You gave him 42 "grades" and 95% of them were (+).

Beat it

i never said any of the crap that you just posted. keep on trolling, though. why don't YOU admit that you are just talking out of your ass right now? post whatever you like about Cam Newton. it won't change the fact that he means a lot more to this franchise than the guy in your sig did.

Good or bad, Cam will mean more to the Panthers than Moore did, I agree.

You:

You rated like 90% of his throws as NFL worthy or NFL Caliber.

Right off the bat your discussion is BS.

But, I actually didn't rate 90% of his throws as NFL caliber I rated 7.

Yet, after I point out YOUR error in this regard rather then a simple: my bad dude or mea culpa or i got it mixed up bro, you come back with this:

Look in this post and see how many times you gave him a (-) somewhere.

I'll sum it up for you..2. You gave him 2 (-) and guess how many (+)? 40

You gave him 42 "grades" and 95% of them were (+).

Beat it

LoL, you're a piece of work.

You make no attempt to actually discuss the passes.

But, anyway...

Did you read the 1st link I sent you about the breakdown?

Of course not.

But the very 1st sentence in red reads:

**We couldn't fine a true game cut-up the above clip has all of Newton's completion instead of all Newton's passes.

I'm sure you realize that most negative "grades" comes from incompletions.

And as you can see at the time I made the breakdown only completions were available.

So if you're keeping a tally then you should factor that in.

Anyway there is no need to continue responding.

Unless of course you're one of those last word people.

BTW-Nice touch interent tough touch with the whole 'Beat It' thing, love it

Alright I'm going to try a real response in a minute and if you can respond with a satisfactory answer, I'll have any real discussion you want, despite you giving him 95% stars and throwing in the two step drop then backing it up with Uncle Rico's QB camp for being an All State QB.

2) Shotgun-has all day stays in the pocket reads through his progressions shuffles left keeps his eyes down field and throws on the run goofy footed/fading back arm throw but OT+ TAR+ IS n/a

How does someone who stays in the pocket, then shuffles left, then throws on the run goofy footed/fading back get a + for On Time/In Rhythm?

You literally describe a late throw and out of rhythm pass then give it a plus yet you want me to debate you point by point?

What was your thinking for giving that a +?

Alright I'm going to try a real response in a minute and if you can respond with a satisfactory answer, I'll have any real discussion you want, despite you giving him 95% stars and throwing in the two step drop then backing it up with Uncle Rico's QB camp for being an All State QB.

How does someone who stays in the pocket, then shuffles left, then throws on the run goofy footed/fading back get a + for On Time/In Rhythm?

You literally describe a late throw and out of rhythm pass then give it a plus yet you want me to debate you point by point?

No, really don't bother there's no point.

You already made it clear what type of poster you are.

And I prefer not to have a long discourse with someone that posts in the manner with which you post.

And it would require a long discourse to discuss a game together.

But, to answer your question on this play(happens @ 17 second mark)

There are 2 reason he got a + from me on time/on rhythm.

1) That play resulted in a touchdown.

And i'm,lol, partial towards TDs and tend not to grade down when a QB throws a TD

2) Although the pass was made after the initial design and timing of the play expired/brokedown; Cam was on time with his pass to the receiver in the scramble/adlib phase of the play where the RB could catch and run (and score).

In retrospect I should probably give him a + for IS too.

he's not best with accuracy, but that will improve with timing and experience. he may not be the best accurate QB, but he will (in time) improve, but the reason he was drafted was for his big arm and make plays with his legs (when he has to). Someone brought up McNabb and they are right, McNabb never had great accuracy, but he won with a strong arm and making plays with his legs (in his younger days) and i can't compare his passing to Vince Young, though i could compare his running to Vince's, i cant compare his passing. Young's passes are below helmet level and that's even when he's well protected and is in the pocket. i havent seen that from Newton.

he's not best with accuracy, but that will improve with timing and experience. he may not be the best accurate QB, but he will (in time) improve, but the reason he was drafted was for his big arm and make plays with his legs (when he has to). Someone brought up McNabb and they are right, McNabb never had great accuracy, but he won with a strong arm and making plays with his legs (in his younger days) and i can't compare his passing to Vince Young, though i could compare his running to Vince's, i cant compare his passing. Young's passes are below helmet level and that's even when he's well protected and is in the pocket. i havent seen that from Newton.

-----------------

IMO, this Cam accuracy issues is like :beatdeadhorse5: The horse is beyond dead. The kid is asked to do so much in so little time and folks are obsessing over whether his feet were perfect or not even if his throw ended up in the recievers hands.

Come game time, all I'm concerend with is him getting the ball to the receivers and winning some games. Let those couch coaches, and analysts knock themselves out with their over-analyzing of what Cam or Clausen is doing.:)

-----------------

Come game time, all I'm concerend with is him getting the ball to the receivers and winning some games. Let those couch coaches, and analysts knock themselves out with their over-analyzing of what Cam or Clausen is doing.:)

I believe the phenomenon you are referring to is what some like to call...fan community message boards.

Just the nature of the beast is that we know almost every little thing that occurs that a casual fan might never even hear about. No one outside of the internet or who were there in person tonight knows "how cam or jimmy threw" in practice.

So with that being said, I believe its our job to spend our downtime being inept and unemployed couch coaches when the season is right around the corner! :willy_nilly:

........or maybe its post-lockout "frustration"? :confused:

-----------------

IMO, this Cam accuracy issues is like :beatdeadhorse5: The horse is beyond dead. The kid is asked to do so much in so little time and folks are obsessing over whether his feet were perfect or not even if his throw ended up in the recievers hands.

hahaha, i dont know if you read all of what i wrote, but i basically said that the accuracy is a non issue, i think it will improve in time, but he wasnt drafted because of his accuracy, he was drafted because of size, mobility and a huge arm, but someone made a thread on this, so i put my 5 cents in this and while he's not the most accurate passer, there are worse accurate passers including one i like in Jake Locker.

I love it... you cry for 6 months for someone to give you an analysis of Cam's throwing... and when someone bothers to do it, you do exactly what I said you would.

You almost out of hand reject it and skew it to suit your personal point of view.

Your trollish responses to edromeo are why I never bothered. You're seriously the worst poster on this forum TRD. You bring this place down big time.

I know you won't leave cause you get your kicks out of trolling, and the mods around here seem to like it... but this place would be 10 times better and more credible if you would follow Moore off to a Miami forum.

I love it... you cry for 6 months for someone to give you an analysis of Cam's throwing... and when someone bothers to do it, you do exactly what I said you would.

You almost out of hand reject it and skew it to suit your personal point of view.

Your trollish responses to edromeo are why I never bothered. You're seriously the worst poster on this forum TRD. You bring this place down big time.

I know you won't leave cause you get your kicks out of trolling, and the mods around here seem to like it... but this place would be 10 times better and more credible if you would follow Moore off to a Miami forum.

I gave the responses I did because his analysis is poop. You absolutely cannot say that a throw running out of the pocket off balance off your back foot is in rhythm.

You cannot do it. When you do, you don't deserve a serious response because there is no point discussing it with said person. How can we discuss something when his sense of reality on a throw which he described himself as off balance then give him a plus for in rhythm.

He gave him 95% good ratings. Even my analysis of Cam's game wasn't that skewed.

His defense was "It was a TD." Jimmy's pass to Stew was a TD and it looked like a punt that Stew had to fair catch. Would he consider that a good pass as well?

Focusing so much on the result of the play to base your analysis of the play is not any analysis at all and doesn't deserve serious consideration. The whole point of this was to look at his game at a micro level, and analyze it's components, not look at it from a macro level and deduce your analysis from that.

Archived