• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's accuracy

personal_foul

2 step drops don't exist so I didn't bother with the rest of it.
Do you always post like this?

Maybe you haven't heard of a 2-step drop but its a common drop taken from shotgun especially in spread offenses.

Most spread offenses quick game consist of: catch snap, 2 steps, throw

It syncs up a shotgun drop back with 5-step under center timing.

I thinks its funny that your so dismissive of fairly common passing concept and try to frame it as a reason for not talking nuts and bolts football.

You: I've never heard of that so it must not exsist!

Its funny that they teach something that doesn't exsist and most football camps:

All quarterbacks want to pass the football!! The" Execution of Passing Game Mechanics" builds upon the "two platform system" of quarterback passing development. Detailed mechanics and techniques of upper platform disciplines (above the waist) and lower platform disciplines (below the waist) are presented and demonstrated with an emphasis on key coaching points to improve on the quarterback's overall development for passing the football. This deluxe DVD edition includes over 90 minutes of instruction and demonstration for developing the passing athlete. Areas of presentation include:

Huddle Discipline

Pre-Snap Read

Proper Grip of the Football

Ball Position

Releasing the Football

Passing Progression to Build Proper Mechanics

Drops - 1 Step, 2 Step, 3 Step and 5 Step Drops

Passing On The Run

Passing On The Run - Progression of Drills

Play Action Disciplines

Shotgun Mechanics and Drops from the Spread

Screen Game

http://www.trickeyqbcamps.com/dvd.html

It summed up your analysis perfect for me. No need reading your take on his "NFL throws" when you wrote that someone took a two step drop.
Quite right.

Your posting style and tone towards me, someone who doesn't know you from jack and approached this thread in an effort to actually talk football, is needlessly contentious.

If you want to say he shuffled his feet with no technique at all, fine, but a two step drop no matter which foot you start with from either the gun or under center puts you in a terrible spot. Your feet are either crossed or spread really wide and you're going to need a hitch just to reset.

He maybe moved his feet a little to give you the impression of a drop, not really sure.

Why not start with this, instead of that BS from earlier?

You may have issues with other posters, but I'm not them.

I'm here to talk football none of that other BS matters.

And if we're gonna talk football I would appreciate the same courtsey I extend towards you in return, otherwise there's no point in every responding to each other again.

But, back to football....

When you chart a full game of passes you're not gonna nail every detail of every play perfectly.

The pass happens at @ 47 second mark you could call it a shuffle and 2 steps or 3 steps truth is its somewhere in between.

But rather then quibling over the exact footwork on one play, the footwork on one well thrown ball is largely inconsequential in the grand scheme, why not discuss some football?

You can't say someone was great then list excuses on why that person wasn't great.

You also left out the combine, the only time Cam wasn't in control of his workout was when he looked the worst. Coincidence? Making real NFL throws and his game goes to mediocre.

His accuracy is a question mark. Deal with it.

Do you always post this way?

Its not an excuse to say Cam threw the ball outside on a windy day at his pro-day, its the truth.

The fact that he was able to have such a strong showing outside on a windy is part of what made his pro-day impressive.

No, I didn't leave out the combine.

I responded to a poster that listed Cam's pro-day and his pre-combine workout as examples of Cam displaying accuracy 'issues':

...we have seen him at a private workout (or not all of us, but at least one of us here), seen him at the combine, at his pro day. through it all, he has had accuracy issues...

I agree that Cam had accuracy issues at the combine, I mentioned the pre-combine and pro-day because I disagree that Cam had accuracy issues at those throwing sessions.

I agree that Cam had accuracy issues at the combine, I mentioned the pre-combine and pro-day because I disagree that Cam had accuracy issues at those throwing sessions.

So the only one where he isn't in complete control and he gets to hand pick routes for him to throw, he's not bad.

When it's real life, doesn't count.

Had lots of fun. Clausen throwing a lot of passes down the field. Lots of zip on the ball. Cam inaccurate but good with blitzes. Will post pics tom.

Go get it. Tell him it was windy, tell him it was unfair because he had to learn new plays, go. Hurry.

All these reports about him being inaccurate are inaccurate!!!!!!!!!

My apologies sir, I wasn't familiar with "Trickey QB Camps" work on the 2 step drop.

:lol:

I know it is funny.

If you claim that 2-step drops don't exsist it should be quite difficult to find anything about them.

Pretty much any evidence disproves your contention that they don't exsist.

There's no harm in admitting that they do exsist.

Look it.

I mistakenly thought you actually wanted to discuss some game tape of Cam in regards to his accuracy.

I was wrong.

By all means carry on with your thread.

So they exist, a 900 step drop exists I guess because I saw it at Uncle Rico's QB camp out there.

Get real.

This post^^ confirms it.

Anyone that has this hard of time admitting error on a simple issue would be impossible to have a discussion with.

-Cheers!

This is why I love this place.

Making me look like an idiot for honest, truthful analysis.

Cam makes me look like something everyday, usually not an idiot. Especially tonight....

How does his footwork from under center make me look?

:hurray:

if you think that you're posting objective opinions on Cam Newton, i don't know what to tell you. just like any rookie QB, he'll have his ups and downs. if you'd been making these same posts during Peyton Manning's rookie season, you'd look like a genius....for about a year.

You told me soon, is a year soon?

It's funny how your tone changes daily.

He's the GOAT.

GIve him time damnit he's a rookie.

ORY no doubt I bet my house on that poo son

He's going to have some ups and downs bruh chill out with that Cam is da biz you need to recognize.

Cam completes 9 yard pass!!!!! fug you haterz!!!!!!!!!! Aw poo! <Insert butthurt gif>

Stick to your story, is he great or a project?

Admit his passing game is garbage and it's all good.

Best passer in 5 years FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This post^^ confirms it.

Anyone that has this hard of time admitting error on a simple issue would be impossible to have a discussion with.

-Cheers!

Bruh, Trickey QB Camps is the equivalent of me going to my backyard with my iphone and filming a QB DVD.

"See what you wanna do hear, is never read the defense and chuck it up for grabs, mmkay?"

Show me someone legit talking about how they use a two step drop in their offense and I'll apologize.

Uncle Rico doesn't cut it for me.

You rated like 90% of his throws as NFL worthy or NFL Caliber.

Right off the bat your discussion is BS.

You correct right off the bat YOUR post is BS.

If you actually took the time to read, rather then trumpeting on with your pre-conceived notions or if you took time to use the quote feature simple errors like this could be avoided.

I'm no math wizz but I know I didn't bold in orange 90% of his passes:

Passing Chart:

**Good plays/NFL ability in Bolded in Orange

Sienna color negative plays

These throws stood out to me: On your chart passes: 1,2,4,6,8,17,25-(mine1,2,4,8,10,22,25)

I think its evident from these that Newton has an above average arm and solid mechanics/compact motion/quick release.

But passes 2,17 and 18 really show his NFL potential he hangs in the pocket goes through his progressions and really makes some nice throws; on pass 17 he holds the Safety in the middle of the field with his eyes.

He does a good job of keeping his eyes downfield and his playmaking is evident.

As you can see above I mention 7 plays.

Again,

Cheers

I'm out, I'm not gonna spend my time responding to posts where I have to correct some false claim or mistake that you make. (i.e. 90%, previous "excuses", previous the non-exsistence of 2-step drops)

You told me soon, is a year soon?

It's funny how your tone changes daily.

He's the GOAT.

GIve him time damnit he's a rookie.

ORY no doubt I bet my house on that poo son

He's going to have some ups and downs bruh chill out with that Cam is da biz you need to recognize.

Cam completes 9 yard pass!!!!! fug you haterz!!!!!!!!!! Aw poo! <Insert butthurt gif>

Stick to your story, is he great or a project?

Admit his passing game is garbage and it's all good.

Best passer in 5 years FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i never said any of the crap that you just posted. keep on trolling, though. why don't YOU admit that you are just talking out of your ass right now? post whatever you like about Cam Newton. it won't change the fact that he means a lot more to this franchise than the guy in your sig did.

Archived