• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's accuracy

personal_foul

yup, and GB made the most of it. Not the best W/L record, but the best team at the end of the season? Yeah, I think so.

:crazy:

There's a saying in football...

"The playoffs are a different season."

Did Green Bay have to win out in the postseason to be the best team?

:yesnod:

Way to completely misconstrue my point though.

Example for you Peppers 90 NC...this literally just happened

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/65594-espn-talking-points-2.html

Homer being homer. Realist comes in with real points. Homer bows out ungracefully.

You really truly believe people here want to talk football or know enough about it to talk football?

u did pick out the person who 95% of the time posts pics, gifs, one liner jokes, etc.

Damn, we all knew that Cam would not instantly become the best QB in the NFL. Of course he has some issues. Not only that, but his head is probably spinning right now since they are installing about 30 plays everyday.

He knew more than 90% of the playbook at least 4 weeks ago from all his hard work of 26 hour days down in Florida. Installing 30 plays a day is nothing to Cam. He already knows those plays thanks to his great work ethic.

Are you telling me he worked all that time and spent all those hours studying and can't understand a few plays a day?

u did pick out the person who 95% of the time posts pics, gifs, one liner jokes, etc.

It was just an example. Thought it was funny since we literally just finished talking about it

What is a two step drop?

When the QB takes 2 steps to get into a positoin to throw on rhythm.

You typically see 2 step from shotgun or w/ quick game.

The sum of your commentary about the breakdown of Cam in the Auburn vs USC game is a question about 2 step drop?

Watching games. If you take the completions/attempts argument to anyone in the league they are going to laugh you out of the building.

It's one of those things you can't put on a stat sheet

Actually, I'm certain every team keeps charts on ball placement, on target/vs off target etc as part of their QB grades for scrimmages and games.

Ball placement is most certainly a stat its just not a public/mainstream stat.

Actually, I'm certain every team keeps charts on ball placement, on target/vs off target etc as part of their QB grades for scrimmages and games.

Ball placement is most certainly a stat its just not a public/mainstream stat.

I guess that was my reference on "stat sheet"

Something you can just google. I've been in those rooms, I know what goes in to game grades.

When the QB takes 2 steps to get into a positoin to throw on rhythm.

You typically see 2 step from shotgun or w/ quick game.

The sum of your commentary about the breakdown of Cam in the Auburn vs USC game is a question about 2 step drop?

2 step drops don't exist so I didn't bother with the rest of it. It summed up your analysis perfect for me. No need reading your take on his "NFL throws" when you wrote that someone took a two step drop.

If you want to say he shuffled his feet with no technique at all, fine, but a two step drop no matter which foot you start with from either the gun or under center puts you in a terrible spot. Your feet are either crossed or spread really wide and you're going to need a hitch just to reset.

He maybe moved his feet a little to give you the impression of a drop, not really sure.

we have tape of cam in college, and his progression through a season in college. we have seen him at a private workout (or not all of us, but at least one of us here), seen him at the combine, at his pro day. through it all, he has had accuracy issues. he has accuracy issues in camp. has he improved? sounds as if he has by a little anyway. we'll have a better idea after preseason games start.

we've also seen plenty to be excited about. but he's not perfect... not yet, anyhow.

Cam threw the ball very well at both his pre-combine throwing session and at his pro-day.

Cam was great at his pro-day.

Cam had his pro-day outside on windy day far from the controlled indoor setting most other prospects used.

Cam also threw more a lot more passes then most of the other QBs did at their pro-days.

I think Cam's accuracy is no more in question then any other prospect from this draft crop: Locker, Gabbert and Ponder.

it's 45 plays a day but in your world that's just a "few". Cam's going to make you look like an idiot for trolling on this subject for so many months and it's going to happen a lot sooner than you think.

:lol:

2 bad throws for every good 1 does not scare me

Back at it again at camp today according to Saltman.

Maybe they should run more swing passes for him, he's really good at those.

Cam threw the ball very well at both his pre-combine throwing session and at his pro-day.

Cam was great at his pro-day.

Cam had his pro-day outside on windy day far from the controlled indoor setting most other prospects used.

Cam also threw more a lot more passes then most of the other QBs did at their pro-days.

I think Cam's accuracy is no more in question then any other prospect from this draft crop: Locker, Gabbert and Ponder.

You can't say someone was great then list excuses on why that person wasn't great.

You also left out the combine, the only time Cam wasn't in control of his workout was when he looked the worst. Coincidence? Making real NFL throws and his game goes to mediocre.

His accuracy is a question mark. Deal with it.

it's 45 plays a day but in your world that's just a "few". Cam's going to make you look like an idiot for trolling on this subject for so many months and it's going to happen a lot sooner than you think.

This is why I love this place.

Making me look like an idiot for honest, truthful analysis.

Cam makes me look like something everyday, usually not an idiot. Especially tonight....

How does his footwork from under center make me look?

:hurray:

Archived