• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's accuracy

personal_foul

Originally Posted by TheRealDeal

Says who though? On paper we didn't improve our roster and we play in the toughest division in football.

Jimmy Clausen is torching our corners in camp and our DLine is subpar at best. What is Ryan and Brees going to do to them?

We have the toughest schedule in the league on paper and we are rebuilding.

Not far fetched to think we only win 3 games next year if you aren't as focused in on the Panthers everyday activities as we are here.

You make very valid points with this post.

It all comes down to the running game though. IF we can get back to 2008 form, and all the pieces are there minus Vincent/Hoover (big piece, I know), we should be much more competitive. With a little luck and some competent QB play we should be able to win a few games more than last year.

I think saying Jimmy is "torching" our CB's is a bit over the top, but CB is definitely a position of concern. I know Rivera said that you don't need a "name" to be successful, but it sure helps.

I can see us going 7-9, anything above that would be a bonus.

You make very valid points with this post.

It all comes down to the running game though. IF we can get back to 2008 form, and all the pieces are there minus Vincent/Hoover (big piece, I know), we should be much more competitive. With a little luck and some competent QB play we should be able to win a few games more than last year.

I think saying Jimmy is "torching" our CB's is a bit over the top, but CB is definitely a position of concern. I know Rivera said that you don't need a "name" to be successful, but it sure helps.

I can see us going 7-9, anything above that would be a bonus.

I don't mind when people disagree with me but let's not pretend like everyone comes here for football talk. Football talk was happening and other people derail it yet I'm the troll.

I don't mind when people disagree with me but let's not pretend like everyone comes here for football talk. Football talk was happening and other people derail it yet I'm the troll.

If everyone came here for football talk the threads with concrete info from team sources (Rivera, Chud etc) would be the hotly debated threads.

Instead crap threads like this are hot stuff and real discussion is ignored.

I think people really believe it's more important to be "right" than talk cold hard facts.

IMO but who cares right?

Cam's accuracy =/= crap thread.

It's made crap by his fanboys, but it is a legit discussion.

Content of "Cam's Accuracy" thread = crap thread.

Sure it's a legit discussion, but none of that has happened in this gem. Not only that but my point was the threads with real news/info die quickly.

Maybe people mess with you because you always have to be right? Cuz I'm tryin my best to agree with you lol.

This place shouldn't be about just real news, plenty of opinions can be shared with different reasoning for those opinions, but I prefer when people keep them football related.

I don't need to be right on a MB. I'm usually right, but I don't need to be validated for it.

The same folks who bash TRD for looking at 2-3 practices and being concerned with Cams accuracy are the same folks who looked at 2-3 practices and crowned him god and savior of our team...it might be over the head of some here to see the irony in that...

(edit) - These folks believed him god and savior before he ever threw a pass to a Panthers receiver

The same folks that look at Cam making incomplete passes (in practice) and chalking it up to him being a rookie are the same folks who were looking at Clausen last season (in a real game with serious opponents trying to take his head off) and calling him a flat out loser by his second game as a starter.

I'm not against Cam, and I'm not really for Clausen either...but seriously the double-standard is disgraceful. In other words..Cam can make mistakes because he is huge and athletic, but Clausen cant make mistakes because in essence hes a pretty boy who many feel they could take out in a fight...therefore he is poo.

Can we at least agree as a board to not debate accuracy until we have game tape/stats to work with?

This "So and so tweeted that Cam is super duper accurate", and "I was at practice and Cam stinks!" stuff is ridiculous. Unless you have attempts/completion numbers which I haven't seen yet.

Archived