• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's accuracy

personal_foul

Your observation? It's actually someone's interpretation of their or someone else's actual observation. Besides that, there are more tweets about nice passes and good plays than the ones where he throws a bad pass. It easier to ignore what you dont want to see and find what you are looking for, but really I dont get why you are so sour this long after the draft. Not saying concerns aren't there, but your guy got let go and they drafted the one man you didnt want so now you're throwing a hissy fit hoping praying you can be the "i told you so guy." I like Moore a lot too way more than Clausen and people give you shiite cuz you can get off of Cams didick, not to give a compliment even, but you cant even go along with the flow and see something for yourself before before being so crititcal.

I know it's disappointing to not get what you wanted for Christmas(in this case the NFL draft), but you dont have to still act like a 7 yr old about it.

I give Cam props on many things. I think he will do great things for the Panthers in terms of extending plays, bringing excitement, etc but I do not believe he is an accurate passer, I do not believe he is the best passer to come out in the last 5 years, and I do not think he's going to come in and light the world on fire.

When Cam EARNS praise, I'll give it to him.

When Cam EARNS critique, I'll also give it to him.

The problem is people can't get past the negative because they are so invested after spewing such garbage about how good he is for months that any real weaknesses in his game must not be talked about because it could mean they were wrong.

No one admitted his footwork issues for the longest time either, no one admitted he has trouble shifting his weight, no one admitted he has trouble reading zone defenses.

All things that have come to light sooner rather than later. I don't expect this to be any different.

If people just accepted it and moved on, it would be easier. He doesn't have to be perfect but they pretend he is and that's what causes this.

If you're a Panther fan, why not have a Panther player as an avatar? I'm not really trying to tell you what to do, just offering the consideration that people may cut down on the Moore mentions if you chose maybe Beason or Stewart as an avatar, or no player at all, instead of a non-Panthers player. But, I guess, that would cause the complaints to subside, and we all know how much you enjoy them. It's whatever, man. There's always someone to stir the pot.

If you're a Panther fan, why not have a Panther player as an avatar? I'm not really trying to tell you what to do, just offering the consideration that people may cut down on the Moore mentions if you chose maybe Beason or Stewart as an avatar, or no player at all, instead of a non-Panthers player. But, I guess, that would cause the complaints to subside, and we all know how much you enjoy them. It's whatever, man. There's always someone to stir the pot.

You have an Auburn Logo.

I had Smith, Chris Leben, and Cam Newton.

Did it change then?

It's time to embrace it now. It's not like all of the sudden I put Matt Moore in a Dolphins uniform in my avatar and people were like "Suck Matt Moore's dick you phaggot" so taking him out isn't going to stop them.

I do not believe he is the best passer to come out in the last 5 years, and I do not think he's going to come in and light the world on fire.

The problem is people can't get past the negative because they are so invested after spewing such garbage about how good he is for months that any real weaknesses in his game must not be talked about because it could mean they were wrong.

No one admitted his footwork issues for the longest time either, no one admitted he has trouble shifting his weight, no one admitted he has trouble reading zone defenses.

Most people at least acknowledged some of his obvious concerns and some others at least acknowledged he is a risk. Leading up to the draft I wasnt really for him either, but maybe b/c the realization that he is our pick made me warm up to the idea.

Now for the guys that are more a fan of Cam than our team, the guys who you acknowledge or try to represent everyone else as, I just dont see why you spend most of your time addressing them. You mention you want football conversation, if you address the fans of football, we will be more realistic about the goods, the bads and the overall approach.

Now for the guys that are more a fan of Cam than our team, the guys who you acknowledge or try to represent everyone else as, I just dont see why you spend most of your time addressing them. You mention you want football conversation, if you address the fans of football, we will be more realistic about the goods, the bads and the overall approach.

My reputation precedes me in every thread I go in and get attacked for every opinion I have. People have discounted my opinion on special teams players because I was not in favor of Cam.

Look back in this thread and others and see if I bring up Matt Moore, do it. Look back and see if I bring up anything about Cam other than his physical abilities. Look back and see if I give him props as a possible game changer with his legs while he works on his arm. Hell, look back on my posts about LaFell and see if you can guess how they work Matt Moore in.

Do it. Then look at the responses to those posts. People don't want to have discussions, they want to blow Cam and anyone who doesn't is a troll, hater, butthurt, <insert new scapegoat adjective>

When his feet are working right and he follows through with his throwing motion like he's supposed to do, Newton is highly accurate. He has a nice arm and knows how to throw the ball. He doesn't always plant and use his weight properly which leads to his inconsistency issues with accuracy.

That's not an accuracy issue per say as it's more a technique issue, that I believe Shula will iron out quite a bit during the next few weeks.

Well, I think, SO FAR, the more accurate QB is Clausen. What's that say about Newton?

I have no dog in this fight and have not been to training camp but based on what I am hearing Jimmy checks down too much (safer pass) and Cam passes when maybe he should have checked down.If that is correct, is it Cam is less accurate or is he trying to force passes that Jimmy would automaticly check down on? If in each play they threw to the same receiver running the same route how much differance would it make? This is not an opinion but

a question.

Example for you Peppers 90 NC...this literally just happened

I am not a big enough of a homer to think we are playoff bound, but we are not the worst team in the league.

Says who though? On paper we didn't improve our roster and we play in the toughest division in football.

Jimmy Clausen is torching our corners in camp and our DLine is subpar at best. What is Ryan and Brees going to do to them?

We have the toughest schedule in the league on paper and we are rebuilding.

Not far fetched to think we only win 3 games next year if you aren't as focused in on the Panthers everyday activities as we are here.

don't you belong on the Dolphins MB.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/65594-espn-talking-points-2.html

Homer being homer. Realist comes in with real points. Homer bows out ungracefully.

You really truly believe people here want to talk football or know enough about it to talk football?

Archived