• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's accuracy

personal_foul

Mods, can we start banting people for not being original?

Get a new joke/comeback/persona anything.

Not that it bothers me, but it really shows a lack of effort on everyone's part to keep bringing up this lame ass comeback.

Me: "Cam has accuracy issues"

You: "Yeah well you love Matt Moore"

M: "He needs to work on these things if he wants to be a franchise guy"

Y: "Hey TRD, shouldn't you be like a Dolphin fan and stuff you know because of Matt Moore and stuff and he's like not a Panther?"

fug you guys are below average at everything

Labeling Cam as having "accuracy issues" is so boring and sound more like the the folks on ESPN talking points than someone who is objective and openminded. We all know how these sports folks in the media love to generalize everything and everyone.

u were there? word.

I have to base my opinions off of what I hear and when every other tweet is about a bad throw from Cam, then a tweet that says "Another low throw by Cam, pattern?" and so on coupled with everything I've seen from him, I stand firm in my observation.

I think it just annoys people that you claim to be a Panther fan but you have a picture of a Dolphins player as your avatar. And you diss most Panther players, which pisses off the masses. Maybe if you actually sounded like a fan and played the role of fan rather than pseudo-educated "observer," people would get off the Matt Moore kick. It's also a really easy target when he's always your avatar, and you defended him to the day he was cut. It keeps me from being able to take you seriously when you try to be unbiased about every NFL player with Matt Moore's exception. Those who see through the charade usually raise your ire, but that's just the way it goes.

I had SS in my avatar and people still couldn't get over Matt Moore. I had Chris Leben in my avatar and people still couldn't get over Matt Moore. I had Cam Newton and his boyfriend in my avatar and people still couldn't get over Matt Moore. Next excuse. I diss three players on the regs, Cam, Clausen and LaFell. I dissed Goodson when people were trying to compare him to DWill because that's silly. I give tons of props to Gettis, Smitty, Beason, DWill, CJ, Armanti, Kalil, etc. Next excuse. He was never cut.

The problem is, I don't bring Matt Moore into any discussion unless it's a Matt Moore discussion. We have a discussion about LaFell and people bring up Matt Moore. We have a discussion about Cam and Jimmy, Matt Moore comes up.

For some reason, he never comes up when we discuss Beason or DWill or Stew, only when I have a negative opinion about a player and people can't take off their homer glasses.

When are you going to drop this personal crusade of yours? Is there a goal in mind? Something you hope to accomplish?

No personal crusade. The thread title is Cam's accuracy and I've been told over and over and over again that Cam was the best passer to come out in years, he has no accuracy issues, no footwork issues, he's memorized 90% of the playbook weeks ago, he's been working with Weinke so he's so far ahead of where other rookies are, he's the best athlete to ever play the game, etc so when all I hear about at camp is his inconsistency with his accuracy, I come to the masses for reassurance that he doesn't have these issues and everyone not associated with the Panthers is wrong and are just "haters" and Cam is really a perfect thrower of the football, receivers just need to be in better spots.

Let me clarify, I don't mind the Moore hate that I get, I actually embrace it, hence the sig and avatar. I enjoy watching you guys struggle to discuss football so you reach for personal attacks and off topic wit.

All I ask is that you be creative, be entertaining.

FYI...Cam doesn't have an accuracy issues. Would you please get it right. He is having consistancy issues.

If anything, Cam seems more inconsistant than lacking accuracy. Truth be told,Cam is quite accurate. Some of his over throws could have easily landed in a receiver's hand if he had timed his throw a little better. That isn't inaccuracy issue, that's a timing issue. You don't lob a ball 70 feet into someone hands if you're not sure of your accuracy. Cam seems to be struggling with inconsistancy due to his footworks and timing. Plain and simple..

And, judging by your postings, it's clear you hear and read what you want cause his stats for FanFun Day was 9/25 with 3 td. That meant that for every three balls that did land in a receiver's hand one was a touch down. Clausen on the other hand was a little more accurate 12/19 but only got 1 td from that. Which one would you take?

Yes, we would all love to see every ball land in a receiver's hand from Cam but we know that isn't going to happen. But what I do know from what I have seen so far is, Cam will be getting the team some touchdowns in some fashion. And if he can fix his timing and footwork a bit, can u imagine how much tds he can rack up if he actually got 3 tds out of 9 balls landing in his receiver's hands.

When it's all said and done, what's the point of having an extremely accurate QB who can't seem to get the ball into the endzone. Isn't that the purpose of the game?

LOL I don't look at stats, they don't tell the whole story.

So you claim he's accurate but he's having trouble with being accurate consistently, meaning he's not accurate he just occasionally gets lucky.

Accurate people don't struggle with consistently being accurate.

But welcome aboard, the Cam bandwagon needs as many fans before he actually plays in real games as it can get.

I think it just annoys people that you claim to be a Panther fan but you have a picture of a Dolphins player as your avatar.

And to think, I was almost run off this board so that a valuable poster like TRD would feel more comfortable posting here. Dude isnt even a Panther fan and doesnt contribute to the board much if at all. Just useless banter and arguing for the sake of arguing. LOL. Some folks build, others only know how to destroy.

I have to base my opinions off of what I hear and when every other tweet is about a bad throw from Cam, then a tweet that says "Another low throw by Cam, pattern?" and so on coupled with everything I've seen from him, I stand firm in my observation.

Your observation? It's actually someone's interpretation of their or someone else's actual observation. Besides that, there are more tweets about nice passes and good plays than the ones where he throws a bad pass. It easier to ignore what you dont want to see and find what you are looking for, but really I dont get why you are so sour this long after the draft. Not saying concerns aren't there, but your guy got let go and they drafted the one man you didnt want so now you're throwing a hissy fit hoping praying you can be the "i told you so guy." I like Moore a lot too way more than Clausen and people give you shiite cuz you can get off of Cams didick, not to give a compliment even, but you cant even go along with the flow and see something for yourself before before being so crititcal.

I know it's disappointing to not get what you wanted for Christmas(in this case the NFL draft), but you dont have to still act like a 7 yr old about it.

LOL I don't look at stats, they don't tell the whole story.

So you claim he's accurate but he's having trouble with being accurate consistently, meaning he's not accurate he just occasionally gets lucky.

Accurate people don't struggle with consistently being accurate.

But welcome aboard, the Cam bandwagon needs as many fans before he actually plays in real games as it can get.

LMBO...however you choose to interprete it.

Archived