• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's accuracy

personal_foul

Cam's accuracy, on a relative basis, sucks.

On his staged pro day he missed 6 open receivers.

Clausen, McCoy, and Bradford combined missed 3... and they aren't tops in accuracy by any means.

But am I worried? No.

I'm not worried because a dual threat quarterback find open receivers in space. Unlike Clausen who will have to throw lasers into a defense expecting a pass, Cam can shake things up with his mobility and find an open man without having to worry about hitting him right in the numbers. If you watch Vince Young, he does that all day. Vick used to do that for a living, but I can honestly say his accuracy drastically improved last year. McNabb has a rocket arm and was very dangerous when he used to be accurate, but last year his touch on passes was terrible.

I only attended one practice (the first one) but I didn't see any major accuracy issues with the passes Cam was throwing and in some cases he appeared to be the most accurate QB on the field (may not be saying much). I was suprised to see him throw the ball into the ground 10 ft. infront of a receiver when he was rolling out of the pocket (scrambling, not a designed roll out) but he was throwing it on the run and accross his body. I also saw him underthrow one or two deep routes (not badly) but I think that's more a matter of timing then accuracy - he also made a few beautiful deep throws.

I do think Cam has a tendancy to put a little too much on the ball at times and this has been mentioned by others as well. This results in some high throws and those can be dangerous, but that's fixable.

It's too early to come to any conclusions good or bad about Cam, but I don't have any major concerns based on what I've seen/heard so far.

Is anyone else concerned about Cam's accuracy? When has a QB ever entered the NFL with below average accuracy for a QB at the NFL level and turned into a dynamic passer? Accuracy is something that shouldn't be a question for a #1 draft pick. I've seen posts comparing him to Vick and Steve Young, but he reminds me much more of a The Golden Calf of Bristol or VY.

You......you DO realize Vick's accuracy was worse coming into the draft than Cam's was coming into the draft, right?

Or do you just excuse the stats to make pooty threads?

Cam has no accuracy issues.

Cam always throws the ball to the perfect spot, the receivers are just in the wrong spot most of the time. It's their fault.

Cam is the best passer college football has ever seen and in no way were those numbers influenced by throws behind the LOS and his receivers doing all the work.

I expect Cam to be the best passer in the NFL.

Seriously dude, it's getting old.

We get it... you don't like Cam, you want MM back but we're stuck with Cam for better or worse and MM ain't coming back, so it's time to move on.

To follow up what Floppin said, How long have you been watching the Panthers? Obviously not that long if you can't remember how bad Vick's accuracy in ATL was.

So yeah, guys can improve their accuracy and especially their timing with receivers. Fox drafted Thomas Davis because he wanted a linebacker who could spy and be fast enough to run Vick down. Nobody lost sleep 5 years ago over Vick's accuracy.

Drew Brees has always been accurate. But he was not the same elite level accurate passer he is now his first couple of years in San Diego.

Archived