• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's accuracy

personal_foul

They did not chose Cam as the first pick, "we" did not pick Cam as the first pick. The Panthers administration did, and while they see something in Cam, the people who are trashing Cam hasn't. And they are entitled to their opinion. Personally I had Locker and possibly Gabbert over Cam but understood why they drafted him. Anyways, how is it pathetic for people to have their opinions?

I think his point is people cheerleading Cam's struggles because they are chomping at the bit to say I told you so.

I think his point is people cheerleading Cam's struggles because they are chomping at the bit to say I told you so.

Oh, well, that's pretty silly. But I could see why they would be more sensitive to Cam's failures and would point them out more then major supports of Cam, who would overlook one or two of his faults.

Is anyone else concerned about Cam's accuracy? When has a QB ever entered the NFL with below average accuracy for a QB at the NFL level and turned into a dynamic passer? Accuracy is something that shouldn't be a question for a #1 draft pick. I've seen posts comparing him to Vick and Steve Young, but he reminds me much more of a The Golden Calf of Bristol or VY. Vick and Young were/are accurate passers with great running ability. I see Cam/VY/The Golden Calf of Bristol as great runners with below avg accuracy.

I believe Cam can extend drives and help win games because of his running ability, but to take the Panthers to the level we want to be, I'm doubtful. Unless you have an unbelievable defense, winning the Super Bowl requires a really good passing game in the modern day NFL. Can accuracy be developed that much at this point? It seems to me most QBs either have it by the time they reach the NFL or they never do. I see Cam having a VY type record as a starting QB which is good, but I'd be suprised to see him turn into an elite passer.

Negatives... Plays in the spread offense, taking the bulk of his snaps from the shotgun... Tends to side-arm his passes going deep...Lacks accuracy and touch on his long throws... Seems more comfortable in the short/intermediate passing attack...Does not possess the ideal height you look for in a pro passer, though his ability to scan the field helps him compensate in this area...Will improvise and run when the passing lanes are clogged, but tends to run through defenders rather than trying to avoid them to prevent unnecessary punishment.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2001/profile/drew_brees.html

That was the scouting report on Drew Bress going into the 2001 draft. Your argument is invalid.

This is camp...Cam will have shining moments that send a message to Jimmy to get with it or this rookie will be the starter. Jimmy, if he finds motivation, will have his shining moments during camp that will show Cam the starting job is not a gift and needs to be earned with progress and confidence, eventually experience that will be valuable to both guys.

Bottom line - two QB's who will be better because of it.

That might be the most uneducated, unintelligent and completely wrong post yet. Thanks for playing and go brush up on your football history!

why...please enlighten me. Vick's accuracy wasn't great at the start of his NFL career, but I admitted I was wrong there. What else is wrong with this post. I'm asking a question. I'm aware QBs can marginally improve accuracy in the NFL from what they had before. I think Cam needs more that marginal improvement as a passer. I just have serious doubts about Cam's ability to turn into a NFL championship caliber QB (which is what you expect when you draft a QB with the 1st overall pick). An important job of a QB is to throw the ball accurately in the right window at the right time, I have serious questions about whether or not Cam can develop enough to be that type of a QB on a consistent enough basis to be considered a great passer. At the NFL level, he's freakish athletic ability will be diminished somewhat compared to college and he'll have to rely on his accuracy in much tighter windows. Not to mention the offense he ran in college was closer to a high school playbook than NFL. For those dogging my post and saying Cam's accuracy has never been in question, I don't know what to say except we have a very different opinion of him. I see a slightly better Vince Young....that's not the worst thing in the world.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2001/profile/drew_brees.html

That was the scouting report on Drew Bress going into the 2001 draft. Your argument is invalid.

No, it isn't. Drew Brees was 10 times the passer Cam was in college. Drew was highly accurate with much less surrounding talent at Purdue. Maybe he had a LITTLE trouble back then with the deep ball only...far cry from the accuracy and touch issues I'm talking about with Cam. If you don't see it then we simply disagree, no big deal.

Please don't post college stats either, if stats are all that matters then the NFL would be overrun with stud Qbs from the WAC conference.

why...please enlighten me. Vick's accuracy wasn't great at the start of his NFL career, but I admitted I was wrong there. What else is wrong with this post. I'm asking a question. I'm aware QBs can marginally improve accuracy in the NFL from what they had before. I think Cam needs more that marginal improvement as a passer. I just have serious doubts about Cam's ability to turn into a NFL championship caliber QB (which is what you expect when you draft a QB with the 1st overall pick). An important job of a QB is to throw the ball accurately in the right window at the right time, I have serious questions about whether or not Cam can develop enough to be that type of a QB on a consistent enough basis to be considered a great passer. At the NFL level, he's freakish athletic ability will be diminished somewhat compared to college and he'll have to rely on his accuracy in much tighter windows. Not to mention the offense he ran in college was closer to a high school playbook than NFL. For those dogging my post and saying Cam's accuracy has never been in question, I don't know what to say except we have a very different opinion of him. I see a slightly better Vince Young....that's not the worst thing in the world.

Accuracy is something that can be improved upon and more than marginally. Drew Bress' accuracy was questioned coming out of college and he is now considered the most accurate passer in the NFL. It isn't like arm strength or height or speed or athleticism, which is pretty much the same no matter how much you work on it.

So, if we agree that it can be improved upon with hard work, I'm not worried about Cam at all. Everything you hear about him is about his natural abilities and work ethic. If something needs to be done to make him a better player, I think he will do it. He hasn't even played in a preseason game yet. He has a lot of time to improve his weaknesses, all of which are fixable.

All I'm going to say on this topic is this...

When Cam over throws people, it's usually on the out routes, and He sails the ball like 5-10 feet over their heads... Those are impossible to pick off... The only time we'll be in trouble with his sailing of the ball will be in crossing routes over the middle. If ^He sails them there Safties will love him league wide!

Who knows how this guy turns out... We're all in this together and are hoping for the best case scenario... So let's stop arguing about all the what Ifs and just watch this poo play out. There is no way to predict his fate or anyone's off of one day at damn practice. All this arguing is getting way out of hand.

We're all on the same team here! The lockout is over! Can we please all start just debating instead of belittling people on this site?

Just sayin'...

I see a slightly better Vince Young....that's not the worst thing in the world.

If Newton plays like Vince Young his rookie year and makes the probowl, I would be very pleased. The problem with Young has always been in his head not with his physical skills. Given Newton's drive, hard working attitude and level headedness, he has all the best parts of Young and none of the bad.

They did not chose Cam as the first pick, "we" did not pick Cam as the first pick. The Panthers administration did, and while they see something in Cam, the people who are trashing Cam hasn't. And they are entitled to their opinion. Personally I had Locker and possibly Gabbert over Cam but understood why they drafted him. Anyways, how is it pathetic for people to have their opinions?

WE are the fans of the Panthers. Therefore, we ARE a part of the organization. If there are no fans, if there are no PSLs sold, there is no franchise... So WE are a part of this franchise. Therefore, when my team drafts a player, I will say "we" drafted that player.

It doesn't matter if you like it or not, it's who "WE" drafted, so you have to live with it. I didn't think Clausen was going to be great when we drafted him, but I had to pull for him because this is MY team, and WE drafted him. You see?

We each bring our own opinions and thoughts to the table, but at the end of the day, the decisions are made by the guys that are getting paid to make them - and if you care about this team, you are trusting that they are acting on our behalf and in our best interest as fans to put a productive and successful product on the field.

If we would've took anyone of the guys you mentioned, I bet half of these dickbags would be saying "WE" drafted (insert name here) because they liked the pick. Difference between me and a lot of these fake ass fans that have showed up during the last year (there was a huge influx of people that came in at the start of last year for some reason, then more before the draft this year), is that I say "we" whether I like the pick or not.

If you don't feel like you're a part of this franchise then why even post on this board or discuss things regarding the team?

I don't know, maybe I'm just a different kind of fan. I bleed black, blue, and sliver, and so will my children...

What's pathetic is that half of the people on here arguing or starting arguments, aren't arguing for what they believe is best for the team, their doing it just to piss people off. For the most part, even people I've gotten into it with on this board, guys don't care who is out there so long as they win. This is what is lacking in the motives of these jackasses who keep trolling Cam threads.

I guarantee you if these dumbasses would stop posting useless, redundant, repetitive sh*t talk, you would see a much more peaceful and objective board. It's pathetic because the people doing this are doing it under the assumption that their argument makes a f*cking difference. We get it - you don't like him. Great, let's see what happens.

We can't have a competent, calm, and cordial discussion on OUR team because people that don't give a sh*t about the team keep wanting to re-hash stats from Cam's college season to prove how he will or won't be an NFL QB. You know how many people on here laughed at Tampa for drafting Josh Freeman? Guess what you Marty McFly motherf*ckers, we can't go back and change anything that's already done, so you're gonna have to live with it... If you like the team, you're pulling for this guy to succeed because we invested a high pick and money in him to be the face of the franchise. So, you quoting stats and plays from a college game where maybe 4-7 guys ended up in the pros ain't gonna do sh*t now... We all have to watch and see, and real fans would put their butthurt aside and pull for Cam.

I've never seen sh*t like this in my life... I've been on this board since year one - within a month or so after it was up... And that's why it's pathetic. Never have I seen our fanbase become so polarized and fractured over something they haven't even seen yet and have no evidence to base an argument off of or start so much sh*t over one of our own players - and that's including the Jake Delhomme/Chris Weinke debates.

This is the dumbest this board has EVER been, and that's saying something. I can't open a f*cking thread without some cocksucker starting a pissing match and picture war. I can't read about my team and get some good objective conversation with unique observations without some f*ckoff jumping in and dumbing it down immediately to a sh*t throwing contest. I'm sick of it. That's what is pathetic. This board has never been so bad off in terms of regular posters. In fact, many of our quality posters don't even post in here anymore, or as frequently because it's gotten so sh*tty.

I've never seen Zod, Kurb, Panthro, Squirrel, or whoever have to lock so many threads for such f*cking ridiculous reasons as they do now. It is really disgusting.

I'm tempted to just log myself out on the regular, so I have to make the decision of whether to log myself in or not as I'm reading things... That way I have to give it a second thought, just in case I'm moved to jump into another one of these cluster f*ck threads. I'm really tired of dealing with it. So, there, that's what is pathetic.

Let me save you the trouble, here's your response (and if not yours then some other jackass who enjoys sh*tty threads, dumbassery, trolling, and pulling everyone down to their borderline retarded IQ level):

tl;dr

Archived