• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's accuracy

personal_foul

Is anyone else concerned about Cam's accuracy? When has a QB ever entered the NFL with below average accuracy for a QB at the NFL level and turned into a dynamic passer? Accuracy is something that shouldn't be a question for a #1 draft pick. I've seen posts comparing him to Vick and Steve Young, but he reminds me much more of a The Golden Calf of Bristol or VY. Vick and Young were/are accurate passers with great running ability. I see Cam/VY/The Golden Calf of Bristol as great runners with below avg accuracy.

I believe Cam can extend drives and help win games because of his running ability, but to take the Panthers to the level we want to be, I'm doubtful. Unless you have an unbelievable defense, winning the Super Bowl requires a really good passing game in the modern day NFL. Can accuracy be developed that much at this point? It seems to me most QBs either have it by the time they reach the NFL or they never do. I see Cam having a VY type record as a starting QB which is good, but I'd be suprised to see him turn into an elite passer.

That might be the most uneducated, unintelligent and completely wrong post yet. Thanks for playing and go brush up on your football history!

Cam's Efficiency Rating of 182.05 was 2nd best in the NCAA last Fall! In the Top 5 for FBS All-time. Explain to me how one can be so worried about his accuracy?

Good first post. I can tell you're going to be a solid contributor on this board.

What part of the efficiency rating has to do with accuracy? Please tell me.

Completion % has to do with completions not accuracy.

They are 2 different things and I think you people are struggling with that.

Yes, I mean you people.

It's funny on this board.

How accurate was Brett Farve? One of the greatest QBs of all time was horrible in Atlanta.

Steve Young, well, go look at some old Bucs films.

Kenny Stabler, for those of you old enough to remember could be as accurate as he wanted to be, well, until the point spread was in question, then he could not hit the broad side of a barn.

Let us see him play before we start questioning everything about him.

Another thing, he is not VT, he is not Steve Young, he is not Donovan McNabb, he is not The Golden Calf of Bristol. Let's let him define who and what he is by his own play.

Oh yeah, he's not Matt Moore, thank God.

what do you use to evaluate a QBs accuracy? you can't have a very high efficency rating by throwing a lot of incompletions and interceptions. comp pct, efficency rating, td to int ratio, and ypa are the criteria that most people use to evaluate a QB but obviously you're special......kinda like Timmy from South Park.

Good first post. I can tell you're going to be a solid contributor on this board.

What part of the efficiency rating has to do with accuracy? Please tell me.

Completion % has to do with completions not accuracy.

They are 2 different things and I think you people are struggling with that.

Yes, I mean you people.

what do you use to evaluate a QBs accuracy? you can't have a very high efficency rating by throwing a lot of incompletions and interceptions. comp pct, efficency rating, td to int ratio, and ypa are the criteria that most people use to evaluate a QB but obviously you're special......kinda like Timmy from South Park.

Change your sig to

"Always riding TheRealDeal's dick

Roll Tide Roll"

It's funny on this board.

How accurate was Brett Farve? One of the greatest QBs of all time was horrible in Atlanta.

Steve Young, well, go look at some old Bucs films.

Kenny Stabler, for those of you old enough to remember could be as accurate as he wanted to be, well, until the point spread was in question, then he could not hit the broad side of a barn.

Let us see him play before we start questioning everything about him.

Another thing, he is not VT, he is not Steve Young, he is not Donovan McNabb, he is not The Golden Calf of Bristol. Let's let him define who and what he is by his own play.

Oh yeah, he's not Matt Moore, thank God.

i'd add Terry Bradhsaw and Joe Namath to that list. both of them barely completed half of their pass attempts in their careers but they're probably the top 2 on TRD's "most accurate QB" list.

I actually did a breakdown of it, using real analysis not just fanhood.

I put it up for debate in case anyone had a differing opinion but no one bit.

I don't need to prove he's inaccurate. Time will tell. If you watched every throw he made you know he made more than 3 bad throws on deep balls.

How about a friendly sig/avatar bet...

If I take the time to post a video that shows him making more than 3 bad deep ball throws (>20 yards), I get to control your sig and avatar for a month

If I don't do it, you get mine.

Deal?

I don't need to prove he's inaccurate. Actually, if you're going to positively claim that he IS inaccurate, yes, you do.

If you watched every throw he made you know he made more than 3 bad throws on deep balls. Essentially, this is a logical fallacy (argument from authority) working in reverse. It is deemed a fallacy for the reason that information is legitimate or illegitimate without needing the person stating it (you) to be an expert or even authoritative. If someone is an expert then they may know more on the subject, may be more likely to be correct or be more believable, but that doesn't discredit the information.

Also, address this better:

On throws over 0 yards, his accuracy drops significantly, indicating that his numbers are inflated by easy throws a 3rd grader could make.

Zone coverage is when you need to be accurate to fit the ball into tight windows but his numbers are significantly worse when facing zones.

Spin away.

I want real numbers and a credible source. Otherwise, you are making up statistics and claiming victory. And even IF you're right, it is a non sequitur argument. That is, if A is true, B is true. B is true, therefore, A is true. It takes form like this, for you: if his stats are based solely on passes <0 yards, then his accuracy is worse when throwing >0 yards. His stats are worse when passes are >0 yards; therefore, his accuracy drops on passes longer than 0 yards. See how that doesn't make sense? What about dropped passes?

Also, you're committing the "petitio principii" logical fallacy; otherwise known as "begging the question." You're assuming your conclusion in the premise. "Cam is inaccurate because he has fewer completions >0 yards." Granted, it is semantics. But, if you want to build a convincing argument, you may want to clarify and restate.

Cam's Efficiency Rating of 182.05 was 2nd best in the NCAA last Fall! In the Top 5 for FBS All-time. Explain to me how one can be so worried about his accuracy?

To be fair, every defense was worried about him running them over.....and that helped him in the passing game. The advantage/threat he imposed over college teams won't be there at this level.....will make his passing tougher

Pretty sure I bet someone that other people would bring up Matt Moore without me doing it once he was gone...need to look that up because I'm killin that bet as well.

I am not trying to pick a fight with you or anyone else, you are part of the Huddle and I assume a fan of the Panthers.

I'll save my hatred for more deserving people, like any Saints fan alive; however, your responses about Newton are rote and predictable and sarcasm wears thin with time.

My opinion, he's a breath of fresh air on a team that has only stale for a very very long time. He may be great. He may be out of the league a year. I'll let him show me who he is, and I'll believe him.

I think we all are aware of the small square space that is require to be threaded in the NFL to complete a pass.

Archived