• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's accuracy

personal_foul

Hidden

On throws over 0 yards, his accuracy drops significantly, indicating that his numbers are inflated by easy throws a 3rd grader could make.

Zone coverage is when you need to be accurate to fit the ball into tight windows but his numbers are significantly worse when facing zones.

Spin away.

This just may be the single most uninformed statement ever written. A throw under 0 yards is called a lateral, which by definition, does not count as a forward pass. So it would stand to reason that his % would drop SIGNIFICANTLYwhen the throws are over 0 yards.

If you can back that last statement up with, say a fact or stat. Then, I may be inclined to believe you are not just making this up to once again make yourselfe sound superior. From my experience, zones are the primary D in the college game.

Matt Moore was much better against zones than man-to-man. See what I did there?

Translation: "I will redefine 'accuracy' to mean whatever the hell I want it to mean in order to make my point that Cam Newton is a fuggin' loser."

Dayummmm!@

87 posts and you are already sticking it to TRD. You get PI and SWAG.

Okay, so ignoring game tape and context and looking at stats, he's accurate.

Including game tape and context of stats, he's inaccurate.

I want this game tape.. been asking people forever.. watching games on the TV is THE worst avenue to judge a player/team..

My point actually wasn't bout Luck, Cam, or TDs. It is about trying to qualify everything that happens good or bad. It is a pooty argument all the way around on both sides. Cam was pretty accurate down the field but Peyton Manning has 3 bad passes of over 20 yard in any given game so surely Cam had more than 3 the entire season.

Dude said he watched every throw and there wasn't more than 3.

You mean the one where he completed 2/3rds of his passes?

And threw 30 TDs as opposed to 7 interceptions?

That inaccurate college career?

Saying simple things like that doesn't mean accuracy though. That's where I think we have a difference of opinion. I like to look at ball placement, whether the receiver can run after catch, etc when it seems people here are just focused on the outcome.

Catch = Accurate

Incomplete = Not Accurate

When that's not the case.

I want this game tape.. been asking people forever.. watching games on the TV is THE worst avenue to judge a player/team..

I don't need to prove that I can have access to it. If I wasn't bad at uploading stuff I would be happy to send you a requested game.

College is easier to get than NFL and I think Panther games will be harder to get for me in the future.

Maybe we can work something out? PM Me

Lately 3-4 posts is all we get before the same crowd derails it into a "my kid can beat up your kid" contest.

We know those who love Cam and those who don't. We don't have to keep making the same arguements over and over and over.

Just my two cents worth.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Archived