• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's accuracy

personal_foul

I guess my question is why do you feel it necessary to constantly try to rain on people's good feelings?? This is August. This is the time for unreasonable expectations. That is part of what is awesome about NFL football. Every year there is renewed hope in August.

I'm a realist.

I find unfounded optimism childish and it's often the sign of incompetent people.

I prefer people who are grounded and have a good sense of reality.

are you planning on counting the dropws that hit Darvin Adams right in the hands as "bad" throws. if so, you *might* be able to find 3 throws but it'll. still be a challenge.

No, I will not count good throws that are drops, but I will count balls behind receivers, high passes, etc that were completions.

If they are bad throws but ended up as a catch, it's still a bad throw.

If it's a ball that is tipped by a defender but ends up being caught, it's a bad throw.

Deal?

Don't backpedal now. You've seen every throw he's made since he was 8. You've studied him like a pro. One time when you guys were in the dorms you guys touched dicks and you've been his biggest fan ever since.

Make the deal.

On throws over 0 yards, his accuracy drops significantly, indicating that his numbers are inflated by easy throws a 3rd grader could make.

Zone coverage is when you need to be accurate to fit the ball into tight windows but his numbers are significantly worse when facing zones.

Spin away.

There are analysts that will tell you that these quick passes that supposedly inflates his completion percentage were thrown about the same percentage of the time as most NFL teams in their quick smoke routes to slot receivers that you see in Indy and NE a lot.

like the people that think that Matt Moore is the bees knees, right?

I'm a realist.

I find unfounded optimism childish and it's often the sign of incompetent people.

I prefer people who are grounded and have a good sense of reality.

I actually did a breakdown of it, using real analysis not just fanhood.

I put it up for debate in case anyone had a differing opinion but no one bit.

I don't need to prove he's inaccurate. Time will tell. If you watched every throw he made you know he made more than 3 bad throws on deep balls.

How about a friendly sig/avatar bet...

If I take the time to post a video that shows him making more than 3 bad deep ball throws (>20 yards), I get to control your sig and avatar for a month

If I don't do it, you get mine.

Deal?

He threw 280 times last year. You're going to need to post quite a few more than 3 to make your point.

Also:

The first video shows one of Cam Newton’s finest strengths, which is his ability to show accuracy, timing and touch at large distances on the deep ball. In the video you’ll find 22 of Newton’s throws over the final six games of his season. He completed half of these deep throws, which is in itself a highly impressive figure. What is more impressive about it is there were 4 drops by Darvin Adams and Mario Fannin among the 11 incomplete pass attempts, as well as 2 passes that were placed well but caught by receivers who could not keep their feet in-bounds, and one more pass that was placed well but featured un-flagged Defensive Pass Interference.

That means that over 80% of his deep pass attempts were thrown catchable. I don’t care what kind of mechanics you are working with, that is impressive accuracy on the deep ball.

Link

accuracy isn't something you're born with, that's why he's practicing.

some people just have no clue....

Meg, first time I threw a football my friends were like, "Wow, what? How did he pass that good?". They were suppose to teach me and stuff, but yeah, accuracy is apart of that thing you are born with (not saying I'm good at passing etc, but you are born with a certain level of skill with any talent I'd say). If you do not have it, then it'll be hard to ever get good with it.

Anyways, am hoping that Newton doesn't look like The Golden Calf of Bristol when he's out there playing. Well, running is okay and all, but The Golden Calf of Bristol had some sloppy throws.

Archived