• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

About time Manny Ramirez...

Hawkfanadam

Finally he is signed...

PHOENIX -- The Dodgers have agreed in principle on a two-year, $45 million deal to re-sign free-agent left fielder Manny Ramirez, a baseball source said on Wednesday morning.

Follow the rest of the story here...

Wow.. That is a lot of money for a 36 year old ball player. Quick fact: that is the sixth biggest contract in MLB history (per year) and the second largest for a player over 35. (largest being Clemens in 07)

Oy

I think they will regret that.

Agreed. That is a TON of money for a 30 HR hitter type of guy, not to mention he has to play the field. The NL doesn't have that valued DH rule. Manny will probably break down, but it might win them the crap division.

Hahahaha.....it only took one off-season for Manny to pull his prima dona bullshit with the Dodgers. So much for all those teams that couldn't wait to give him $100 mil, eh Scotty? Friggin' horseshit artist.

So, Manny can opt out of his 2nd year come November...that oughta be interesting. Wonder if Vegas is taking odds on that bet!

Hahahaha.....it only took one off-season for Manny to pull his prima dona bullsh*t with the Dodgers. So much for all those teams that couldn't wait to give him $100 mil, eh Scotty? Friggin' horsesh*t artist.

So, Manny can opt out of his 2nd year come November...that oughta be interesting. Wonder if Vegas is taking odds on that bet!

Pretty sure you can bet the house on that one...

He said he took a paycut because we are in a recession ... WTF?!

hahahahahahahaa 2 years 45 mill is a pay cut??? hitting 35 homeruns does that deserve that kind of money. That is A-rod type money and HE is overpayed.. But that is just Manny being Manny..

He really is a douchebag and Dodgers fans are delusional if they don't realize he'll replace "Boston" with "Los Angeles" in his public complaints. Give it time, Dodgers fans...give it time. You saw what he did to get out of Boston, he'll do the same to you.

Don't they all. All we Dodger fans care about is this year, and the next at bat.

Even Wade Boggs ended up in pinstripes. I don't know what Red Sox fans think.

Clemens, Daemon...all of them. After the last strike I view baseball differently unfortunately. Some of the greediest bastards ever. They get my interest for the entertainment factor, but not my heart.

Yeah, yer right....and I always liked Manny until he started his bs. They way he went about forcing the trade was what pissed me off. I was friggin' infuriated when he never lifted the bat off his shoulder against Rivera. Even more so when he pulled the hurt knee crap and said he couldn't play. Guess he didn't expect Boston to MRI both legs calling his bluff. And we all saw how nothing was wrong once he got traded and remembered how to play the outfield and even go 1st to 3rd on a single. That's what got me the most.

He was wanting 100 mill

And he would have gotten 5 mil less if he stayed in Boston....he's a total jagoff and if he were on my team after leaving Boston I'd be waiting to see how long it would take for him to quit on that team too.

Archived